Translate

Monday 21 January 2019

January IHSW

IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page.  Links at the bottom of this post.

Unfortunately I had to work on Saturday and Monday, which is usually my catch-up day if I work one of the weekend days.  Never mind, I did manage a couple of daisies on my lunchbreak project on those two days.  This is Just Nan's Thanks a Bunch:

stitched on 32 count white linen

I cleared Sunday afternoon to focus on my Discworld Mappe with the goal of completing the darker pink in the banner.  This is where I was at the start of Friday:


This is where I was at the end of Friday:


And this is where I am now:


Goal achieved!  To give you some idea of the size and scope of this piece, here is the cover photo with the page numbers for the pages I have stitched on already:


This is a good chance to show the progress on my two daily projects.  The first is my Ten-a-Day project which is Just Nan's Summer Typography, the fourth and final one in the series:


Day 76 - 760 stitches
stitched on 32 count Pink Linen

The second daily piece is Mrs Peggotty's Alice & the Flamingo.  Here is where I was last IHSW:


And here is where I am now:

stitched over 1 on 25 count blue evenweave

I stitched all the border to the right and bottom, frogged and restitched the pale green in her skirt, filled in the grass and made a start on the final tree.

A few people have said that they don't do Facebook and asked if I could host a link-up for them, so here it is! Just add your name and the link to your actual IHSW post, not just your blog home page.  

*
*

The next IHSW will be 15th - 17th February so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook.  If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here.


Finally, I will be running the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop on Valentine's Day.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop
 

It's really very simple, all you have to do is email me a picture of something you have stitched which is suitable for a stitching friend on Valentine's Day.  It could be a heart, or a pair of cute creatures, or the word "love" or anything which warms your heart. Really anything you think a fellow stitcher would like to receive in her email Inbox.   It can be something you've stitched in the past or something you've made especially for this year.  It could also be quilted or sewn this year as I know some of my followers do other crafts too.

Send me the email by 10th February.

When I have all the emails I will randomise them and send one to each participant on 13th February.  Then on 14th February you must post the picture you receive onto your blog under the heading
 Secret Stitching Sweetheart. 

There will be a list on my blog of everyone joining in, so check out all the blogs and find out who got your picture and identify yourself  in their comments as their
Secret Stitching Sweetheart. 

Does that make sense to everyone?  I hope so!

If you'd like to be involved then leave a comment on this post or send me an email if you are "no-reply".   I'll be putting little reminders up from time to time and will email on 9th February to make sure you send the pic in time.  






11 comments:

Vickie said...

Please sign me up for Secret Stitching Sweetheart Jo. Thank you! :)

Beth in IL said...

Love the Mappe! Doing a great job on it.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Jo wow you do such beautiful work my friend ,well done xx

diamondc said...

You are one busy stitcher, wow the maple is amazing.
I love Alice what a great design.

Catherine

Mary said...

I forgot all about the Hermit weekend but I have been getting lots of stitching in. You always accomplish so much!!!

Katie said...

Great job getting stitches done even though you worked. Looks great. You will be happy dancing with Alice soon.

Julie said...

Alice has certainly grown, shes nearly all done.
Another sweet JN

Christine said...

Getting near to a finish with Alice now

Astrids dragon said...

For not having a full weekend, you certainly put in quite a few stitches and Alice is so close!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress :) I didn't really get to hermit on IHSW (in fact, I probably stitched less than any other weekend), so I didn't even bother taking pictures - maybe next time!

Tiffstitch said...

Excellent progress! I'm so impressed how much Discworld has grown.