Translate

Saturday 5 November 2016

The Passionately Perfect Alphabet Party

It's the first Saturday of the month so it's time for detention!

"They only met online, but it changed their lives forever"



I think most of you know the lovely enigmatic Chiara who blogs at The Grey Tail?  We were chatting via email a while back and between us came up with the idea of an A-Z language challenge.  We batted some ideas around and are calling it the The Alphabet Club.  Chiara has the full details on that link but basically she will post a link-up post on the first Saturday of each month (Saturday being detention day in the film) reminding us of the month's letter and we will all link up with themed things, from stitching to designers and local customs.



P is for Phantom from A Dark Alphabet designed by Julie and Becky's Note of Friendship blog.  They were going for the Phaaaaaaaantom of the Op-er-ahhhhhhhh rather than a ghost here.

P is also for Pins and Pincushions from the Stitcher's Alphabet by Brooke's Books.  There's one more P it took me ages to work out.  It's to do with the stripes in the letter P.  Pinstripes, of course!



P is for Pumpkins, which you will see plenty on the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL Blog.  And a whole tree full here:

Haunted Pumpkins Tree by Just Nan

P is also for Poinsettia, a beautiful Christmas flower:

Merry Christmas by Acorn House Designs

Poinsettia Place by CCN


Flower of the Month from World of Cross Stitching magazine

We are quite spoiled for choice with designers for the letter P.  My top one is Primitive Hare.  I have her Christmas and Hallowe'en Cubes, her Spooky Countdown and a couple of smaller pieces too.

Spooky Countdown

Hallowe'en Town adapted as mail art

Many of us took part in this SAL - 12 Days of Christmas by Plum Street Samplers:


And of course Prairie Moon:

Thine is the Trick and the Treat

The P Blog Roll:






Finally, it's time to sign up for the next blog hop - the Advent Calendar Hop.  I will allocate a day to each participant.  They will post a nice seasonal stitched picture on their day along with the answer to the discussion topic (as yet undecided!).  I will copy and paste their picture onto the main post here and we'll open a new door every day!  If you'd like to take part leave a comment or email me if you are no-reply.

24 comments:

Vickie said...

Your Phantom rather looks like a pale, anemic me! ;)
Sign me up for the Advent Calendar Blog Hop please!

KimM said...

You astound me with all the alphabet creations you share! Awesome!!
xxx

gominam said...

Perfect P Post! Tons of Pretty stitching:) Another blog hop??? No-brainer, sign me up! (Sorry for sounding too eager, because I am, LOL)

Bea said...

Positive pleasing participation packed with pulchritudinous pictures! Whew! I really enjoy your alphabets but I admit I don't think I would like to meet that phantom on a dark street anywhere. I always enjoy the great variety of projects you share, whatever letter they represent.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

I just love your Haunted Pumpkin Tree and Poincettia Place,that one is on my sewandso wish list.
Lovely P stitching.
I would like to be part of your advent blog hop please Jo.

Mini said...

Pretty Pretty stitching !My favourite is the pink Pincushion.

Christine said...

"Can I have a P please Bob?"
Plenty of pretty P projects present.

Please sign me up for the advent hop!

Brigitte said...

Oh Jo, you and all the other participants of the Alphabet Club come up with so many great items for the letter P - whereas I am completely short of ideas. The only thing that I have lots of are charts from designers starting with P. But I still have some time as before I will combine my P post I have to post something about the letter O.

Great P post with pumpkins, Poinsettias and letters.

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Wonderful P post! I especially love the pumpkin tree!

diamondc said...

Jo: Oh my so many great P's here, love the Phantom and the mail art, of course all your projects are wonderful

Blessings
Catherine

Tiffstitch said...

Plentiful piles of Ps! ;) Lovely stitching too.

Katie said...

Love all your wonderful P's. Perfect Post. Please sign me up for your next blog hop. Love doing them!!

beadgirl said...

Lovely stitching, as always. Sign me up!

Leonore Winterer said...

Another lovely alphabet post. Of course there had to be pumpkins!

I'd also like to join you for the advent blog hop again, please :)

The Crafty Princess said...

Perfectly poignant. A real phantasmagoria of phantoms, pumpkins, pin cushions and poinsettias. Phantastic post (see what I did there LOL)
xo Alicia

Sheryl said...

Great `P´ post Jo, love the pumpkin tree and the Halloween Town mail art and the pretty poinsettia design.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Awesome P post! Love all the pumpkin stitching :D

Preeti said...

All your P projects are pretty!!

Kaisievic said...

Great P post, Jo, my favourite this post is Thine is the Trick or the Treat - I do love a spooky Quaker piece. Please count me in for the Advent blog hop, although please do not give me any of the dates between the 10th December and the 15th December as we are going away on another short driving holiday - Tasmania this time (sorry to be so picky) hugs, Kaye

Vickie said...

Such wonderful stitching!!!!!

Ariadne said...

I'd love to take part in the Christmas Advent Blog Hop too if there is space.Thanks!AriadnefromGreece!

Julie said...

Lots of lovely P stitching happening with you.

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Delighted to have my blog feature under P, and I would be equally delighted to participate in the Advent Blog again this year.

Heather said...

Great choice of P's!