Translate

Thursday 10 November 2016

Remember, Remember the Chill of November

It's freezing and a poor little robin is just outside my window begging for food.


I've been focusing on two designs for all of November so far.  This one is my evening and workday project:
Ghastly, Ghostly Ghouls by Just Nan

Those three little frogs across the top brought their froggy pals with them and I stitched that top border three times!  First because I forgot to leave a gap for the frogs and second because I stitched the gaps one square to the left,

I also frogged those bottom two pumpkins again and replaced the darker shade with the next lighter shade so that's three times they have been stitched too!

I debated with myself about what should be my focus project this month and decided to pick up the one WIP which hasn't really been touched this year apart from 30 minutes on the Longest Day SAL in June:


This is Dragon of the Winter Moon by Dragon Dreams, stitched on 32count Moondust by Crafty Kitten.  Here's where I am now:


Lots and lots of white Rayon and some Waterlilies too.  The Waterlilies are lovely and I'm planning to splash out and buy the colour needed for the wings.  Riona sent me the chart and kindly included most of the speciality threads needed, which is most of the dragon!  There's a lot of Kreinik to come and some beads too.  But he is beautiful.



Advent Calendar Blog Hop!  I'm taking names for the next blog hop.  I will allocate each participant a day in December, they will post a stitched picture and an answer to this year's discussion topic.  I will copy their picture onto the main post and add a link  to their blog.  To take part, just leave a comment or email me.  If there's a day you can't do or a special day you would like then please let me know,

Finally, vote for me!  I've been nominated for Blog of the Year here, so please click on the picture, answer a few simple questions about stitching and vote for me!

Vote for Me! 

23 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Great finish! Nice choice on the next project too, I love those dragons. I'd like to join the Advent Hop and I voted for you!

butterfly said...

What a sweet robin.
Lovely stitching Jo ,hugs

Linda said...

I hope you gave the cute little robin some food Jo. Cute finish and nice progress on the dragon.

Linda

Katie said...

Love your beautiful projects. Sorry the beautiful Halloween piece gave you problems but it seems worth it to me.

rebelrosecreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful Finish! Love the projects you are working on. I voted for you. Happy Stitching! ~C's Cross Stitch Creations ~

Bea said...

The further along you get the more I'm liking GGG. Love the ghosts that continue outside the frame and also the way the pumpkins look now.

That's a terrific Dragon Dreams design - dithered over adding it to my stash, but never did. I know better now, don't dither just add. Mind you, at this point, he could be just a big pile of snow! lol

Barb said...

I love the little project, so sorry to hear the frogs have been visiting.

gracie said...

Count me in the blog hop....

Preeti said...

Lovely stitching !! Robin is cute!
I already voted for you the day of your first speech. Good luck for the award.

Christine said...

The little frogs are sweet though...
Great progress on the dragon

KimM said...

Lovely,lovely projects. You GO, Girl - on your blog nomination.
xxx

diamondc said...

Jo: Love the Halloween design, I have been where you were frogging and re-stitching, which I hate but I got through it.
Love the Dragon, I am looking forward to seeing your progress.

Blessings
Catherine

Kaisievic said...

Hey, Jo, when is the Awards night - can't wait to hear if you have won. oooh, love Ghastly, ghostly ghouls, you always find the best projects. Good luck with the dragon - a design that is right up your alley.

Anna van Schurman said...

All that white! I dislike stitching white. Happy to join the hop.

Sally said...

Lovely stitching Jo. Glad the frogs finally left you alone.

Poor little Robin!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely stitching, despite those cheeky frogs! :D

Julie said...

Oh those naughty little fogggies... it does look super all finished though.

Desiree Ehleiter said...

I love Ghastly, Ghostly Ghouls! Sorry the frog would not leave you alone though! Your dragon looks great and I'm sure it is going to be gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing more!

Susan said...

Poor little robin (he looks very different than our robin). Sorry you had so much trouble with your ghouls (I have heard they are more difficult than boys!! LOL!). All the while is what is keeping me from my Santa. I'd be interested in the blog hop - had a lot of fun with your big birthday one.

gominam said...

Naughty frogs, but so adorable theyre forgiven😊. Great progress on Dragon👍

Leonore Winterer said...

It really is getting cold now...I kind of like winter and cold, but I have a feeling we missed autumn this year, it went right from late-summer to early-winter!
Great stitching, I like the frogs (the stitched ones, not their cousins) and yay for having worked on all the pieces of your WIPocalypse list now! I'm already looking forward to seing what pieces you'll pick for next year.
I'm not sure if I already sign up for the blog hop on another post, but if I haven't, please sign me up! :)

Brigitte said...

We have also had freezing days and nights this month, and we have also had snow. Winter seems to be around the corner but at the moment it has warmed up a bit - more to my likening, lol.
I had to laugh when reading how the frogs made you frog the border, and not only once, lol. I know that much too well that I forget to leave openings for some details going through the borders.

Heather said...

Beautiful stitching :) I hope you're keeping warm!