Translate

Monday 21 November 2016

Two Seasonal Finishes and Back In My Solo Groove

The first finish took much longer than I thought it would.  I started this one back at the beginning of October to go with the October Black Cats theme on the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL Blog.

Here are the black cats:


And here is the Skeleton for November's theme:


And here is the final finish:

Ghastly, Ghostly Ghouls by Just Nan

stitched on 28 count lilac linen.

Those little frogs along the top brought all their froggy friends to the party!  I frogged and stitched the top border three times and the same for the two gourds at the bottom in my search for the right shade of dark orange.  I'll be framing it in a 6x6 black box frame which it fits perfectly.

The second finish is an entire series, The Christmas Cubes by The Primitive Hare.  Each cube fitted a different theme on the Christmas Ornie SAL Blog although I did have to stitch them out of order.  Hence, H being the last one to be completed:

stitched on 35 count Country Mocha linen

Here are all nine as a collage:

They will be cubified by Christmas!

Since then I have been working solidly on one daytime project and one evening project.  The daytime project is Dragon of the Winter Moon by Dragon Dreams:

stitched on 32 count Moondust evenweave by Crafty Kitten

There is no DMC cotton in this so far; we have white rayon, Waterlilies and Kreinik.  So far I have stitched all the white on his body and tail.  I just have the head and wings left in the white.  Then lots of Kreinik and a little DMC.
Close-up of the sparkly tail:


The evening forest is a new-to-me designer called The Workbasket and this is Fox Forest:

stitched on 32 count Light Khaki linen
(which looks more green in real life)

๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

Finally, I am still taking names for the Advent Calendar Blog Hop.  I will allocate each participant a day in December, they will post a stitched picture and an answer to this year's discussion topic.  I will copy their picture onto the main post and add a link to their blog.  To take part, just leave a comment or email me.  If there's a day you can't do or a special day you would like then please let me know.

Advent Calendar Blog Hop



28 comments:

KimM said...

Awesome finishes and stitching. Please include me in your Advent Hop!
xxx

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finishes Jo. I love your new start.

Linda

Kaisievic said...

I must say, I love your Ghostly, Ghastly Ghouls - so deliciously spooky!

Mouse said...

ooooo nice finishes :) and that dragon is looking fabulous ... pop me down for the advent hop ... i actually do have some christmas stitching ..lol love mouse xxxxx

Bea said...

GGG is definitely spooky and a great finish. Nice progress on Dragon - love the end of his tail. And an interesting new start as well.

Barb said...

I do love that Halloween design.

diamondc said...

Jo: Love your Halloween stitch, I love the skeleton so sweet.
The Christmas SAL is a beauty of a design, I love the fabric color and thread choice, so very primitive looking.
I see your progress on the Dragon, I am looking forward to seeing it finished.
Fox Forest looks so cute.

Blessings
Catherine

Preeti said...

Congrats on both the finishes ! Good progress on the day and evening time projects.

Irene said...

wow quanti ricami! Halloween รจ stupendo!!

Christine said...

Great finishes! The dragon is beginning to take shape now, and the new start is lovely

Mini said...

Congrats on the finishes. Looking fwd to finished christmas cubes.

Anthea said...

Great stitches & finishes there Jo... your needle is always busy!

Mii Stitch said...

Sweet little crosses.
Congrats on your latest 2 finishes!

Justine said...

Love the Just Nan stitch - those little froggies are so cute!
You're stitching on some gorgeous fabrics at the moment.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

HI, just love the Christmas Cubes and your Halloween finishes. Such lovely stitching. I've taken note of the 35 count Country Mocha linen.

FlashinScissors said...

Well done on your finishes! I especially love the Ghastly, Ghostly Ghouls ... it's a lovely design!
Looking forward to seeing your Christmas Cubes completed.
Hugs, Barbara xx

The Crafty Princess said...

Love the Halloween piece. There's a lot of spooky things happening in that small square. It looks awesome. Great progress on your Christmas soon to be cubes too. Dragon and sparkly 2 of my favourite words, so goes without saying that I adore it. And you're new start is really foxy! :D
xo Alicia

Beth in IL said...

Rayon? Yuck. Hate stitching with that stuff although it looks so lovely when done. So I can't wait to see the dragon finished. Love those Primitive Hare pieces. So far I have resisted....

Stitching Noni said...

Love the Halloween finish :o) Your dragon is gorgeous... all that white though.. oh my! Can't wait to see more. :o)
I can't remember if I have already let you know that I will have to pass on the Advent blog hop posting as I will be away in the beginning of Dec and when I get back I might not get time to post (as you may have noticed my blogging has been few and far between lately!)
That said... if you do need a last minute add to the final list let me know and I will jump in at the end of the month :o)
Hugs xx

Leonore Winterer said...

Great finishes and great progress too! I'm not going to look up how the dragon will look like when done, I want to be suprised by you working on it.

Julie said...

Just Nan's pieces are always so lovely, I've got one of my 'hope to do' list for next year

Brigitte said...

Great finishes, Jo. And great to see all the Christmas letters for the cubes. You are absolutely up to date with this project.
And oh, you are stitching the Fox Forest. I have this in my stash as well and have already stitched the Rabbit Forest of he same series. I love these designs a lot.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Congrats on the finishes! I can't wait to see the Christmas cubes. Lovely new starts too!

gominam said...

Beautiful finishes as always! Great progress on the Dragon too๐Ÿ˜Š

Melinda Forbes said...

It has been great fun watching your Christmas cube stitching - I have placed this design on my todo list.

Rhona said...

If you're still needing more people for the Advent blog hop, I'd love to join in!

Katie said...

Ohhh I love your finishes!! Your WIPs are just gorgeous too.

Heather said...

Cool finishes and great progress!