Translate

Tuesday 15 November 2016

Gifted Gorgeousness November Link-Up Post


Welcome to the Gifted Gorgeousness link-up post!  The link-up date will continue to be the 15th of each month but I will keep the linky open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time to join in.

The format remains EXACTLY the same as last year so I'm sure you are all aware of what can be included - gifts to and from you; charts, fabric or threads; shoe-horns welcome!

Since my last GG post I have worked on very few gifted pieces:

Dragon of the Winter Moon by Dragon Dreams - a gift from Riona:

stitched on 32 count Moondust from Crafty Kitten

Sampling Hallowe'en by Lizzie*Kate - a gift from Mii Stitch:


But I did solve the mystery of this anonymous gift:


The lovely spooky scissor fob and counting pins arrived with a Birthday card and an anonymous note.  They were posted from the South of England and the card was made in England too.  I knew I'd seen that spider web charm somewhere so I searched through all my English friends' blogs and couldn't find anyone who matched up.

Then I was contacted by an Australian friend who asked if her parcel had arrived.  She assumed it had because I'd shown the photos!   It turned out that she had ordered the custom-made fob and pins from someone who makes them in the UK and asked her to send them direct to me with a card.   Which she did.  Without a name!  So the mystery is solved and a Big Thank You to Alicia the Crafty Princess for thinking of me.

And the reason the spider web charm looked familiar?  I'd ordered some for myself!

*************************

Here is the place for you to link up so we can see what Gifted Gorgeousness you have been stitching so far this year.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field NOT the words "November Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.
And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.
Thank you.  I can amend links if you make a boo-boo though.

*


*

I didn't host a GGG last month, but I do have the winner of the Trick or Treat Blog Hop to announce.  This was my longest Spooky Hop so far and everyone found the mystery phrase despite one blogger being struck down and unable to post on the day.

"When Witches Ride Out on Brooms"

Everyone who posted a letter got one entry in the draw and everyone who commented got one entry and the random number generator chose:


Congratulations to Vickie, a new participant for my hops.  I will be mailing the Sampling Hallowe'en chart to you soon along with a couple of other things I promised you.


Finally, I am taking names for the Advent Calendar Blog Hop.  I will allocate each participant a day in December, they will post a stitched picture and an answer to this year's discussion topic.  I will copy their picture onto the main post and add a link to their blog.  To take part, just leave a comment or email me.  If there's a day you can't do or a special day you would like then please let me know,


Edit to add:  RIP Stewey Angus Willowcamp.  Our thoughts are with Coni, the Spinster Stitcher.



25 comments:

Mini said...

Oh the mystery behind the charms have now been solved!Lovely GG stitching. Congrats to the winner of Halloween blog hop.
I'm the first one to link even though I don't have much to show..lol

Christine said...

Great stitching Jo. I'm glad you solved "The Mystery of the Spooky Scissor Fob".
Sounds like the title for a Nancy Drew book (or as my father used to say in less enlightened times - Hardy Drew and the Nancy Boys)

KimM said...

Lovely stitching....I'm amazed at all the different patterns everyone works on. And the story of the fob and counting pins ..... love it!
xxx

cheryl said...

Congrats to Vickie! LOL @ Christine's comment above. I'm glad the mystery is solved.

Summer said...

Lovely ♥

Linda said...

Love your LK finish Jo.

Linda

Lili said...

Sampling Hallowe'en is so very cute!!
Amazing gift!

sunny said...

Jo, I've enjoyed joining in this project, although I'm pretty bad about posting lately. I did finish my project, and probably wouldn't have if not for the monthly motivation. Thanks!

Kaisievic said...

Congratulations to Vickie, and thanks for hosting this SAL each month. Cute charms that you were sent, how lovely.

Tiffstitch said...

Love all the finishes and stitching. Dragon is growing! Congrats Vickie!

stitchersanon said...

I do miss being active on blogs with things like the gg. Never mind. I love reading your posts and seeing everyone's amazing work. Go you!!!

Barb said...

I love all the spooky charms!

Bea said...

Congratulations to Vickie! And I'm glad you solved the fob mystery. Both projects look great.

Elfie said...

I'm glad you solved your mystery, Jo. As usual, I enjoyed reading your post. I would like to be in the Advent hop, but I won't have computer access at all for the last week in November or the first 2 weeks of December - so can you put me down for a day after 15th December?

Julie said...

Don't you just love it when a mystery comes to an end....didn't they used to say that on Scooby doo? A nice gift!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Pretty charms and a beautiful scissor fob.

Leonore Winterer said...

Hooray for mystery solving! Mystery gifts are the best kind of mystery too.
Also, I've linked up my entry for November GG :)

gominam said...

Congrats to the winner. Glad you finally found who gave the nice gift. Lovely stitching as always:)

The Crafty Princess said...

LOL I'm so happy we finally figured it out. I didn't know they forgot to put my name on the card, but it worked out well. You had a wee Halloween spooky mystery to solve. I'm glad you like them and you're very welcome my stunning friend.
xo Alicia

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely progress! I'm all linked up :D

Sheryl said...

Pretty stitching Jo and what fun to resolve the mystery charms.

jocondine said...

Congrats to Vickie and nice gift from Alicia. If it's not too late, I will be very glad to open my door for the Advent Calendar. xxx

Southpaw Stitcher said...

I love your two gorgeous gifted pieces! I'd be interested in signing up for the Advent Blog Hop if it's not too late.

Stitching Noni said...

Love it when a mystery is solved! Gorgeous gift :o)
I didn't post this month for GG - my first miss ;o( oh well there is always next month and next year hopefully!
I was devastated to read Coni's post a couple of weeks ago - RIP Stewey (still brings tears to my eyes when I think of them both)
Hugs xx

Katie said...

I keep forgetting to do a GG post. I'll be back. Hopefully tomorrow!! Love your post by the way. So glad you found out who sent you the fantastic package.