Translate

Saturday 26 November 2016

This Week's Progress Report

Once again I have been focused on two main projects with a single day SAL on the 26th.

The main project has been Dragon of the Winter Moon by Dragon Dreams.  I have now finished his tail fin which is all Midnight Kreinik and started some of his back spines, in the same Kreinik.  I intend to backstitch as I go so I have done most of his tail.

stitched on 32 count Moondust evenweave by Crafty Kitten


The evening project is progressing nicely too, just 20-30 minutes each evening while the Small Boy is in the bath:

stitched on 32 count light khaki linen


The one day SAL is called Now I Know my ABCs and is hosted by Cross Stitch Finish Line on Facebook.  We are up to F so far and I stitched that letter today:

stitched on 32 count Tiger Lily evenweave by Sparklies

This is an adaptation of Enchanted Alphabet by Lavender & Lace.  I am turning it into a Hallowe'en stitch by using DMC 310 on a lovely orangey fabric.  I have added a few little touches so far, such as the spider and a pumpkin.  There will be lots more but I want to get a feel of the spacing before I add too many extras.

I framed Ghastly, Ghostly Ghouls by Just Nan.  This is a raw wood box frame which I coloured with black marker pen.



๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„

Finally I have three spaces left for the Advent Calender Blog Hop this year, sign up now to grab one of them!  I will allocate you a day in December when you must post something seasonal which I will copy and paste into the main post here.  Join us in counting down to Christmas!

Advent Calendar Blog Hop

24 comments:

Linda said...

Wonderful progress on all of your projects Jo. I haven't been working on Sleeping Beauty. I have been crocheting in the afternoon and trying to catch up to Kate with starts in the evening.

Linda

Vickie said...

Your evening project is looking really spectacular.

Bea said...

Now THAT'S a dragon's tail! I like the way the foxes are coming along and a definite spooky look to the alphabet. Such a change with your fabric and floss.

Susan said...

I bow to you for stitching all that Kreinik. I stitched Enchanted Alphabet in its original form for my niece, but loving what you're doing with it.

gominam said...

Great progress. I do like the changes you made on Enchanted Alphabet, does look Halloweeny:) I wonder how many letters are in your Christmas blog hop this year, I'm already excited!

Barb said...

I love the Halloween alphabet fabric and the design.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful--my doctor tells me stitching will not cause blindness but sometimes I wonder

Justine said...

I love your dragon, he's fabulous and that fabric is gorgeous. The Halloween alphabet is a great idea. I think the letters are suitably spooky! Looking forward to seeing your little added touches.
I'll have one of your empty spots on the blog hop if they're still free! Don't know how I missed it.

Brigitte said...

That's a lot of progress on the Winter Moon Dragon and the sparkly Kreinik looks so good on him.
Great WIPs that you have on the go and they are growing beautifully. As I already said the last time I love the Fox Forest very much and meanwhile I pulled mine out, too. As well as the rest of the series. They will be for next year's stitching :)

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Wonderful projects. The dragon looks really beautiful!

gracie said...

Good progress on your stitching...looking forward to getting my "door" number for the blog hop.

Stitching Noni said...

Fab progress - loving the dragon :o) Can't wait to see what other extras you add to the alphabet as you go
Hugs xx

Melinda Forbes said...

A black Marker pen. That looks amazing. I would have never thought that would work. Great progress on the dragon.

Preeti said...

Good progress on your projects ! The framed piece is looking great too. That's interesting to color with a marker pen, was that a permanent marker ?

Rhona said...

So many gorgeous projects! Love the dragon :)

Katie said...

Beautiful progress! Love the frame....perfect!

Julie said...

Great idea to use a marker pen on the frame...now why didn't I think of that!
Send me a date for the blog hop, i'm sure I can fit it in...

Astrids dragon said...

Everything is looking wonderful so far, but you know I love the dragon the best!
Your ghouls look great framed, how much black did you get on your hands?!

riona said...

I am thrilled to see that you are enjoying the dragon. Great progress.

Leonore Winterer said...

Nice progress as usual! How about *one* more finish off of your list before the year is over? :D

The Crafty Princess said...

Love your Ghouly Ghastly Ghostly framejob! Interesting use of a black marker. Draggie is coming along nicely too. Fabulous F on that fantastic fabric. :D
xo Alicia

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great progress on all your projects! :D

Kaisievic said...

I am loving your Enchanted Alphabet but I have to ask, what changes are you planning for the sweet little girl to make her Halloweeny? Something really clever, I bet.

Heather said...

Gorgeous framing! I can't imagine doing all of that marker coloring!