Translate

Saturday 2 May 2020

The People Chose Fire


This SAL is all about what you want to see on the blog.  Each month I ask for suggestions for themes and then put them up to the members of the IHSW Group on FB to vote for their choice.  This is what they have chosen:

May - Fire
June - Dragonflies
July - to be advised

I am finding Fire to be a tricky one!  I used the search box at the top of the blog and it brought up the Pixel Power Gandalf I framed recently:


The runes spell out Gandalf's speech while facing the Balrog on the bridge in the Mines of Moria - "You cannot pass. I am a servant of the Secret Fire, Wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Fire will not avail you Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. L.O.T.R."  I charted those myself.

Obviously dragons breathe fire and I have stitched a few of them in my time!

This is a current WIP, although not in my "20 in '20" - Little Snapdragon by Kustom Krafts:



Many years ago (2011)  I designed this little card for a friend:


The fire has gone out or Santa would burn his toes!

I do have a wonderful Firewing Designs chart in my stash and I even have the fabric to stitch it on.  This is Messenger:


And this is one of Joan Elliott's Elemental Goddesses - Fire:





Now it's over to you.  All you have to do is make a post on the theme of Fire, mention The People's Choice SAL (you can copy the picture I used at the top of this post and in my side bar) and my blog. Please link up using the URL of the actual blog post, not the home page of your blog. I look forward to seeing what you all post.


*

*

Finally, I need your suggestions for the next poll. Any thing, no matter how obscure, weird or random will go into the poll. Keep the theme suggestions to a single word or two - so you could have Cats, or Blue, or Holidays, or Warmth etc. Really anything which could be illustrated in cross stitch.


Looking forward to reading them all!




18 comments:

jocondine said...

I knew I would find dragons here and I'm happy Santa had a save landing in your fireplace! xxx

Mary said...

You certainly were able to come up with many that fit the theme!! The Joan Elliot finish is stunning!! Your card is fun, I don't think I could have come up with one stitch to fit the theme!

diamondc said...

Jo: Oh my such beautiful designs, I love your card with Santa coming down the chimney.
Stay Healthy

Catherine

Rachel said...

All linked up, thank you. I think we did well not to let dragons take over this month's theme! Joan Elliott's goddess is stunning. Is it in your stash and, if so, do you have the other Elemental Goddesses too? :)

Kaisievic said...

Wow! Jo, some great designs here - I love the elemental goddess and the red dragon.

Tiffstitch said...

I have a Firewing design kitted as well, although not that one. Great choices!

Barb said...

I think the fire wing dragon does a wonderful job of representing the theme of fire!

Mini said...

I love the card designed by you. Fire goddess is wonderful.

Christine said...

I like that Firewing Dragon. I can picture him stitched in black on a red and gold hand dyed fabric

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely fire items, I couldn't find anything in my previous stitching, not even a dragon !

Julie said...

I wondered what delights you would come up with for Fire, nice choices.

Katie said...

All linked up. Oh I forgot about the Firewing Dragons I have. Great post. Thanks for hosting!

Katie Haskins said...

Possible themes: Blue, dragons, wizards, magic, small, embellished, geometric

Annie said...

So many beautiful projects!!! I particularly love the dragon designs!

Bethan said...

Good old Gandalf! I love your little santa piece too x

Leonore Winterer said...

What an interesting topic this month. I feel like I should have more that matches, but in the end I'm content with what I found!

Astrids dragon said...

Of course I love the dragons! Your fireplace was a sweet design.
I'm not sure I have anything to contribute for fire this month.

The Lady Kay said...

Suggestions for themes:
patriotic
villain
holiday that isn't Christmas or Halloween

Thanks for always inviting me, I have fun picking out something to match the theme!!

The Lady Kay/Kay Long