Translate

Sunday 10 May 2020

Finally Fully Finishing Fun for May

FFG SAL - 10th of each month
Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher

This SAL is designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed.  We will all be linking up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month).

I did quite well this month, I dug out the scrapbooks and papers to get some recent finishes FFO'd.

The first one, you got a little sneak peek last post:


This is the Drawn Thread freebie for the #bewellandstitch movement.  I stitched it one strand over two on 35 count Sand Linen.  Then I scrapbooked it onto a page which already had the April design from With Thy Needle.  I think the way the backing paper brings out the yellow in the fabric and you can just see the stripes too.  The ribbon came from Giovanna, an Italian blogger (not for quite a while though) who sent me a whole bunch of ribbons for trimmings.


The second recent finish was Trimming the Tree by Blue Ribbon Designs.  I had planned to mount this with the older BRD in the series but it is smaller and the fabric is a darker blue so they looked odd together.


Instead I used this page from a National Geographic calendar and left space for the next one in the series.  I also labelled the fabric in the packet as "For BRD only".


For my next FFO I needed to rummage through my frame stash.  I found the perfect frame which already had a project in.  Several years ago I tried to sell some cross stitch at a church craft stall.  I discovered the same as when I tried to sell my painted rocks.  People don't want to buy cross stitch.  They want to commission something you don't have.

So I took the cute design out and framed Fox Few by Plum Street Samplers instead:


It is on my kitchen dresser along with Fox Forest by The Workbasket:


So what did I do with the cute design which was in the frame? 

Scrapbook!  Along with an even older finish.  The little cottage was originally in a small plastic frame to hang on a tree but I mounted it in a Christmas card instead.  The little bear was the cover kit from Cross Stitcher magazine issue 207 and was designed by Andree Langhorn.



And a finish to round things off.  Not a fully finished piece yet as I need to source a snowflake and four identical frames to do all the seasons.  This is Winter in the Square by Just Nan.  I have stitched just 20 stitches per day on this and it took 123 days in total:

stitched on 32 count Light Mocha Linen

Finally, Stitch Maynia has continued.  Here are the most recent projects:

6th May - Spring Pillow


7th May - True Blue Heart


8th May - Holly Berry Frosty


9th May - Garden Maze (I was stitching this one throughout April)










20 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh you have such darling finishes to share this time! My favorite is Fox Few. :)

Julie said...

This month you have excelled, what a post.
Garden Maze has such pretty colours.
Love the yellow fabric on the scrapbook page, that does look so lovely with each design so super.
JN Winter in the square is fabulous, I really must stitch my 4.

Cathy said...

You did good this month! Lots of really nice finishes!!

Mini said...

Wow when did you stitch the Be Well freebie,BRD design n the fox one?
I love that freebie and may it stitch sometime.
You are right about people not interested in what we sell .

Clare-Aimetu said...

You always amaze me with your work Jo, beautiful. Maynia looks like fun if a challenge.

Christine said...

Wonderful finishes, I adore the foxes!
How big a snowflake do you need? I've got some lovely detailed snowflake buttons (about 15mm) that I could send you if you want

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Beautiful scrapbooking finishes. I also like your foxes finish.

Annie said...

Oh my, the Winter in the Square is beautiful!!!

Suzanne H said...

Such lovely finishes and stitching this month. I've stitched the Be Well this month too and just put it the box to be finished some day. Those specialty bees really gave me a workout! Did your Blue Ribbon Designs chart come from a magazine?

Mary said...

Wonderful finishes Jo, I am especially fond of your animal stitches. Well, I would be the odd person who purchases cross stitch. I have bought several table cloths from senior at a local senior sale that cross stitched them. I always look for the homemade items.

diamondc said...

Jo: You have been a busy girl, so many lovely designs you are stitching.
That Few Fox is adorable as are all your
projects.
Your finishing is very creative, thank-you for sharing such great finishing ideas.
Stay Healthy

Catherine

Katie said...

Fantastic work on everything!!

butterfly said...

Some wonderful stitching and new starts .
I wish I could stitch faster I seem to be getting slower ha.
I have been kitting up a few boxes ready for the year .
But there is work in the garden and still sorting to do in the house first .
Have a lovely week Jo , and keep showing your beautiful stitching.

Linda said...

I love the way you finished all of them Jo. You are so talented.

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

Fabulous finishes! And a great repurposing of the frame and cute card as well. Great to see so many pretty Just Nans as well.

Leonore Winterer said...

Lovely scrapbooking, and the foxes look great in that frame! I can't wait to see the four squares finished together as well.

Astrids dragon said...

What a great finishing month for you, I especially love all the foxes!

Barb said...

You have so many clever ways to finish. I love Fox Few and also the way you put designs in scrapbooks!

Susan said...

Amazing finishing as always. Your creativeness never ceases to amaze me. Really like the BRD finish but the fox are my favorite.

Rachel said...

Thank you for taking part this month; the repurposing of the frame for Fox Few was especially clever!
Love your Just Nan finish too and am looking forward to seeing that framed... at some point!
So glad Maynia is continuing well for you. Where would you be without loads of Just Nans in your work basket? :)