Translate

Sunday 31 May 2020

May WIPocalypse Most Loved Project

WIPocalypse
WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings

Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.

Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "20 in '20" for this year.  This month I stitched on 7 of them and got a finish too.


Chatelaine - Gardens of London
(Project 4)

My Discworld Mappe went from here:


to here

Lyndisfarne - Discworld Map
(Project 5)





JBW - 12 Days of Christmas
(Project 10)


Hands on Design - Bitter Brew
(Project 14)

Just Nan - Winter in the Square - Finish
(Project 16)

Amanda Butler - Alice in Wonderland SAL in Cross Stitcher magazine
(Project 17)

Country Cottage Needlework - Main Street Spooky Conversion
(Project 20)

I haven't blogged about this new start at all, so I will do a longer piece about it in my monthly Pie post.


Finally, Measi always gives us a topic to discuss:

May  – Tell us about a piece that you absolutely loved stitching.

What, just one?  I love stitching ALL of them!  Except those dragons on scratchy aida.  But we won't talk about them!

If I had to choose just one project out of all of them, it would probably be a Mirabilia.  There is something about the way Nora Corbett charts her designs, the way the fabrics flow and you feel like you are making a real dress and not just stitching one.  The way the colours always go together so perfectly.  The way the figures actually stand like proper people, not at weird angles, you can see her background in fashion drawing.

My favourite Mirabilia I have stitched would have to be Sleeping Beauty; a large project stitched back in my OAAT days and even then she took about six months to complete:


Every stitch of this was a pleasure!







13 comments:

Shelly said...

I would say you had a successful WIPocalypse month, Jo! The Mappe is looking amazing. Sleeping Beauty is gorgeous!

butterfly said...

Wow Sleeping Beauty is beautiful.
It looks a great stitch.
Love all your stitching shown , and Alice is looking wonderful to.
Have a fun new week.

jocondine said...

Of course the Mappe is so great, it takes the first place! But I do love to see Alice stitching and I'm always fan of 12 DoXmas projects. Bitter looks really great on that amazing green fabric. xxx

OhSewCrafty said...

Sleeping beauty is gorgeous, love your Alice SAL, and amazing progress on Discworld. You have a wonderful variety in rotation.

Mary said...

Sleeping beauty is amazing! Discoworld is looking so close to completion, it's been fun following your progress on it.

Rachel said...

I don't know how you narrowed your choice down to one! She is a real beauty.
Everything else is coming along well. It looks like you're almost ready to stitch the bottom border of Discworld. :)

Vickie said...

Oh wow! I do not recall seeing Sleeping Beauty before. What a spectacular piece. Just glorious.

Linda said...

Awesome progress Jo. The mappe looks like its getting close to a finish.

Linda

Carol said...

I can see why Sleeping Beauty is one of your favorites, Jo! She is so very lovely and detailed! Not sure I would ever have the patience to stitch one that dense with stitches! Nice progress on all your others. I did look for a photo of me and my husband dressed up as Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee to show you, but alas... no luck! I really thought I had one so perhaps I'll stumble across it some day :)

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Sleeping Beauty is lovely. No wonder you are fond of it. However, I think all your projects are lovely.

Christine said...

The Mappe is looking so close to a finish! Sleeping Beauty is just gorgeous

Julie said...

Sleeping Beauty is very elegant.
The Discworld has been amazing to watch come to life.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on your projects - blowing guy has a body now!
Sleeping Beauty is just gorgeous.