Translate

Sunday 27 January 2019

January WIPocalypse SALs

WIPocalypse
WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings

Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  

Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "19 in '19" for this year.  You can find the full list here.

This month I stitched on five of my list:

1. Enchanted Alphabet by Lavender & Lace

stitched on 32 count Murano in Tiger Lily from Sparklies

2. Gardens of London by Chatelaine

stitched on 32 count Belfast in Cotton Clouds by Crafty Kitten

3. Discworld Mappe by Lyndisfarne Designs



4. Alice & the Flamingo by Mrs Peggotty


5. Summer Typography by Just Nan

stitched on 32 count Pink Linen


Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too.


January - What SAL’s are you participating in this year?

Quite a few as it turns out!  Most of them are the more open kind of SAL where you fit your existing stitching into the theme rather than stitching on the same project as everyone else.

You can find links for most of my SALs in the sidebar of my blog.

1. The People's Choice - posts on the first Saturday of each month - theme in sidebar
2. Fully Finished Gallery - post your FFOs on the 10th of each month
3. Gifted Gorgeousness - post anything gifted on the 15th of each month
4. Hallowe'en Ornie Blog - a different spooky theme each month
5. Christmas Ornie Blog - a different festive theme each month
6. Smalls SAL - last Friday of each month
7. WIPocalypse - last Sunday of each month
8. The TUSAL - post on the New Moon each month
9. Stitch-from-Stash - keep track of your spending and try stitching from your stash
10. 10-a-Day - stitch just 10 stitches on a project each day

Last year I stitched a Temperature SAL designed by Hetti which everyone enjoyed seeing grow and has prompted the question - will I do another one this year?

I was undecided and left it to serendipity.  Serendipity duly provided me a new design for this year!  I did not go looking for this, one of my FB friends posted it on her timeline and I was smitten.


Isn't it beautiful?  There is a branch for each month and the leaves are stitched in the temperature for the day.

The designer is Tom et Lily Creations and can be found here - Tom et Lily Creations - SAL temperature.  It is not a free design but the chart is only 10 Euros or you can buy it with the thread pack too.  There is also a Facebook group you can join, presumably once you buy the chart.  I have to wait until February to buy this but I am sure I can catch up quickly with January.  I've been noting the temperatures and have my colour key already.  I will use the same colours as last year.


Finally, I will be running the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop on Valentine's Day.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop
 

It's really very simple, all you have to do is email me a picture of something you have stitched which is suitable for a stitching friend on Valentine's Day.  It could be a heart, or a pair of cute creatures, or the word "love" or anything which warms your heart. Really anything you think a fellow stitcher would like to receive in her email Inbox.   It can be something you've stitched in the past or something you've made especially for this year.  It could also be quilted or sewn this year as I know some of my followers do other crafts too.

Send me the email by 10th February.

When I have all the emails I will randomise them and send one to each participant on 13th February.  Then on 14th February you must post the picture you receive onto your blog under the heading
 Secret Stitching Sweetheart. 

There will be a list on my blog of everyone joining in, so check out all the blogs and find out who got your picture and identify yourself  in their comments as their
Secret Stitching Sweetheart. 

Does that make sense to everyone?  I hope so!

If you'd like to be involved then leave a comment on this post or send me an email if you are "no-reply".   I'll be putting little reminders up from time to time and will email on 9th February to make sure you send the pic in time.  





17 comments:

Rachel said...

Great progress, especially on the Discworld Mappe. And that's a lot of SALs! Are you sure you haven't missed any?! I love the tree too. That should make another colourful project considering the temperature fluctuations we've had just this week. :)

Janet said...

Jo, I am in love with your enchanted alphabet. I just heard about the temperature stitching that sounds interesting. Great job and keep stitching.

Mary said...

You always get so much done!!! The tree is great!!! I don't think I saw that before.

Mini said...

Good progress on the projects, Alice is close to a finish.
I have been feeling lost on what SAls are running and which one to join as I have been away from crafting since long. Thanks for the list.

Where can I join 10-stitch a day SAL?

OhSewCrafty said...

Hi Jo, the temperature tree is really cool! Greet progress on your WIPs. Alice is almost done and the gate is perfect for Enchanted Alphabet. Lovely progress on Discworld too.

Linda said...

Congrats on the awesome progress this month Jo. I love the Mappe.

Linda

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

The temperature three is LOVELY!

butterfly said...

Always love looking at your stitching Jo .
You do stitch some lovely designs.

Katie said...

Lots of beautiful stitching. You've made a lot of progress on the mappe! Love all your SALs. I must say I really love the tree temp SAL. I will enjoy watching yours grow once you start.

Barb said...

I just love the enchanted alphabet!! That is a lot of sew alongs! Have fun with them.

Astrids dragon said...

Everything looks great, but the Enchanted Alphabet is my favourite!
I like the new Temp SAL you found, that's a good one. I'm still figuring out the one I thought about making, but this one would be so much easier!

RJ said...

Beautiful stitching Jo. Alice is amazing...those eyes! You sure are in a lot of SALs but I know you will keep up with all of them. RJ

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your temperature tree will be interesting.

Tiffstitch said...

Neat idea on the temperature SAL and nice progress on everything!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress - Alice looks so close now, and the Diskworld Map came along great as well! Love the Temperature Tree and I'll make a note for maybe next year.

Julie said...

The temperature tree looks nice.
10 SAL's .... good job you are the queen of organisation LOL

Bethan said...

The Discworld Map is looking amazing. Alice looks very close to finishing! I love the tree - I can see why you are going to stitch it x