Translate

Tuesday 15 January 2019

January Gifted Gorgeousness Link-up Post

2019 GG


Welcome to the first Gifted Gorgeousness link-up of 2019! The link-up date will continue to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.

Last year we had 30 people sign up and only one didn't manage to post while 8 people linked up every single month.  Both of which were improvements on the previous year.  In total there were 221 posts linked up via my blog.

So I put 221 into the random number generator and post number 119 came up.  This was the June post from


Congratulations to Beth.  You win the chart which is our logo for 2019 and some random stuff I will put together for you.  I'll also need an address to send it to.  Beth in IL is probably not enough info for the postman!

Since our last update in December I have worked on three gifted projects.  The first was our new logo.  This was a gift from Heather for taking part in last year's Smalls SAL:

stitched over one on Wichelt Linen

The next project was Nora Corbett's Gathering Eggs which was a gift from Carol:

stitched on 35 count Vintage Country Mocha linen

Unfortunately, not too much progress as there was an attack of the frogs!

Then I spent the 12 Days of Stitchmas on Christmas Ornaments followed by a couple of days on my Hallowe'en project.  My first Focus Project this year was a week on my Chatelaine, Gardens of London.  This was a gift for my Birthday in 2016, several of the speciality threads and most of the DMC were gifts from my blogging friends and the chart and fabric were gifts from my family.

Here's where it was last time I stitched on it in 2018:


Here's where I am now:

stitched on 32 count Cotton Clouds Belfast linen from Crafty Kitten
(it only looks wonky because I stitch in hand and haven't stretched it out for the photo)

Close-up of Garden 1:


Close-up of Garden 2:


Garden 1 is complete except for the beads and the speciality stitches in the border.  I have decided to do the borders for both gardens at the same time.

I am using a mixture of the charted threads and my own conversion of DMC or Jodyri which is working out rather nicely.  I am particularly pleased with the pink Queen's Stitches.  They were charted for a very variegated silk which I wasn't keen on so I substituted DMC 3688 which is more subdued and I prefer it.


Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month. Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "January Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month. And link to the actual post, not just your blog. It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*
*


Finally, I will be running the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop on Valentine's Day.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop
 

It's really very simple, all you have to do is email me a picture of something you have stitched which is suitable for a stitching friend on Valentine's Day.  It could be a heart, or a pair of cute creatures, or the word "love" or anything which warms your heart. Really anything you think a fellow stitcher would like to receive in her email Inbox.   It can be something you've stitched in the past or something you've made especially for this year.  It could also be quilted or sewn this year as I know some of my followers do other crafts too.

Send me the email by 10th February.

When I have all the emails I will randomise them and send one to each participant on 13th February.  Then on 14th February you must post the picture you receive onto your blog under the heading
 Secret Stitching Sweetheart. 

There will be a list on my blog of everyone joining in, so check out all the blogs and find out who got your picture and identify yourself  in their comments as their
Secret Stitching Sweetheart. 

Does that make sense to everyone?  I hope so!

If you'd like to be involved then leave a comment on this post or send me an email if you are "no-reply".   I'll be putting little reminders up from time to time and will email on 9th February to make sure you send the pic in time.  




25 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Thank you Jo for hosting GG for another year- congratulations Beth on winning this year's design which is beautiful. As always Jo your projects are lovely. Yes please I would like to take part in the Secret Stitching Seeetheart blog hop.

Katie said...

Thanks for hosting again. Congrats to Beth! Love your projects Jo. They all look great. You've sure made beautiful progress on your Chatelaine piece. Of course please sign me up for the blog hop. I love all of them!

Barb said...

Such lovely stitching! Garden 1 is wonderful with very pretty colors.

gracie said...

Looking forward to participating in the blog hop...sign me up!~

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on the gardens! I am all linked up and of course I'll send you something for the Sweetheart Blog Hop as well.

butterfly said...

Beautiful stitching Jo ,I will keep watching but still short on time here Jo .

But love to view every ones stitching .

jocondine said...

Thanks for this Great SAL! I clearly want to reach 12/12 in 2019. Big update this month as I missed December post, too busy month. Love to "visit" your gardens. De tout mon coeur j'aimerai participer- With all my heart want to be part in Secret Stitching Sweetheart! xxx

Elfie said...

That's a great start for the New Year! I'd like to join the Secret Stitching blog hop.

Linda said...

Nice progress on your lovely projects Jo.

Linda

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Yes please! I would love to participate in the Sweethearts blog hop! Like you said, doing just the Easter one every year isn't enough haha!

Beth in IL said...

Love your chatelaine. It is so pretty. And I won! How exciting.
Yes, please put me in the Secret Stitching blog hop. I don't have a lot of Valentine's, but I do have a ton of hearts stitched! Maybe I will finish a new heart for this hop!(Must be nuts!)

Julie said...

The chatelaine is growing well and looking pretty.
Congrats to Beth on winning this years logo chart (and extras).

Christine said...

Looking forward to GG again this year.
The Chateleine is beautiful!

Mary's Thread said...

Oh, this was fun last year! I want to do it again!

Ariadne said...

I am in for the Secret Stitching sweetheart! Thanks. AriadnefromGreece!

Cathy said...

I think I'm going to join this year since I stitch a lot for others. You projects are wonderful!

Rachel said...

So much Gifted Gorgeousness out there! I suppose, like stash, it's something the stitching community will never run out of! Congratulations on a successful year and good luck for this coming one. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Your stitching is beautiful. I'm looking forward to watching the Secret Sweetheart unfold and GG is a great idea.

rosey175 said...

Jeez, what a way to start the year, frogs! Maybe that'll be all for the remainder of 2019; let's hope, yes? I'm still waffling over the Sweetheart hop. I have so little Valentiney stuffs! And congrats to Beth for her winning post~

RJ said...

You always show so many lovely stitches. You are a busy lady. I love your secret sweetheart hop idea. RJ

Astrids dragon said...

Congrats to Beth! I can't remember where half of my stash comes from so I'd never be able to keep up!
The basket of eggs would even be cute on their own. Your garden is growing nicely!
Yes, for your Secret Stitching next month, another fun year I'm sure!

Stitching Noni said...

Congrats Beth! :o)
Well... I did it... GG post #1 for 2019 is up... bit late but at least it's done before the end of the month!!
I know that I am a bad, bad blogger at the moment... but can I please sign up for the Secret Sweetheart blog hop - sometimes I need deadlines and a 3 line WIP to make me do things!!!
Gardens is looking lovely. Chatelaines are a mission but so rewarding at the end (one day I will tackle one of my big ones!!)
Hugs xx

Mini said...

Thank you for linking up for me .Your Chatelaine is looking good .
Was I one of the 8 who posted every month last year?

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Congratulations to Beth on winning the chart and other goodies.
I'm enjoying seeing the progress on your Gardens of London.
Please add my name to the Secret Stitching Sweetheart blog hop in February.

Tiffstitch said...

Congrats to Beth and lovely work this month, although I'm sorry the frog visited. I got my post up with 5 hours to spare! :)