Translate

Sunday 30 June 2024

June Stitch from Stash and Pie

 It's time for Pie!


My main Focus piece for the month was Stitchy Princess' Alice in Wonderland.  I started her on the 2nd and completed her after 13.5 days of stitching.  The half day was part of the Longest Week Marathon.

stitched on 32 count Millenium Blue fabric

I used a darker fabric than the charted so had to change the blues.  The charted light blue just looked white on this fabric so I swapped it for a darker shade.

This was a nice quick stitch and all I need now is a square frame and it will be on display.


After stitching on Alice for 13 days, I switched to my Marathon.  This usually takes place as close as possible to the Longest Day in June.  But I couldn't clear a single whole day so this year I decided to spread it over a week and stitched two projects per day.  You can follow the fun on this post - Longest Day/Week Marathon


Alice wasn't the only project finished during the Marathon.  I also completed the beading on Circle Cross' Art Nouveau Tarot Zodiac Signs:


stitched on 28 count sky blue evenweave from Silkweavers

More photos:



Each of signs align with the elements shown above








The final project of the Marathon was Mirabilia's Fairy Idyll which I enjoyed so much I decided to finish IHSW on the Monday and give her another day.

stitched on 32 count Vinyard Murano from Crafty Kitten


I spent the last 6 days of the month working on my evening project - Living on the Rainbow's 3D Haunted House which is nearly finished!

stitched on 32 count purple linen



I stitched on it every evening too, so here's the evening pie:


Finally, Stitch from Stash.  I did spend some money this month.  I want to own all the fabrics for the Zodiac Girls from Nora Corbett so ordered the next three colours for the Fire signs - Aries, Leo and Sagittarius.  Now I am nagging Kate to dye the Air signs so I can get them too.


I also had my Cross Stitcher magazine sub come out this month but that doesn't count for SFS.








5 comments:

diamondc said...

Congratulations on your finish's Jo, I am looking forward to seeing the 3D house finished, I may have to stitch a 3D someday.
I usually stitch from stash but love to have some new stash also.

Catherine

Vickie said...

Alice in Wonderland is so cute!

Margaret said...

Wow two finishes! They are both beautifully stitched. I hope you can soon get them framed and enjoy them on your wall.

jocondine said...

The dark blue fabric is perfect and the colors great on it! How many Alice themed stitchings have you got now? The zodiac project is one of my favorite, with the beads I can see the constellation of Taurus on my sign! If I like it so much does that meant I love backstitch more than cross stitch (after more than 30 years could be a big revelation). That looks difficult to me, is it? In any case the all piece is wonderful. Another big theme (zodiac) for you! Well done! xxx

Akila said...

Wow loved all your progress and finishes