Translate

Saturday 15 June 2024

Gifted Gorgeousness June Link-up Post

     


Welcome to the June Gifted Gorgeousness link-up. The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.

Once again, neither of my monthly focus pieces have a gifted element to them so I'll stick with my two staples for the SAL this year!

This one was a gift from the designer and the fabric was a gift too.  

Steady Thread - Tree of Life Temperature SAL


Mostly yellows and limes for the last couple of weeks.

I'm adding quite a bit to the ground and the border too.

stitched on 28 count Meadow Mist linen from Silkweavers

I record the temperature each day and then stitch the leaves on the Sunday morning.


My Dark 13 design is stitched on gifted fabric, a beautiful 40 count linen called Witch's Brew from Zweigart.  My plan is to stitch one letter per month until we reach October and then complete it during Dark October.


stitched on 40 count linen called Witch's Brew from Zweigart


Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "June Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*

Finally, I have been unable to allocate an entire day to my Longest Day Marathon this week so I am going to attempt to stitch two pieces per day for the week and see how that works instead.  Disappointing but that's life sometimes!











7 comments:

jocondine said...

A few hours ago I was showing your stitching to DD2 who recently discovered the temperature crafts. With those big progress it is growing so fast. xxx

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your temperature tree looks lovely, the colours are certainly different to previous years. Dark 13 is looking good. Stitching is our hobby so should make us happy, changing plans and ideas is part of the enjoyment ... stress free stitching

Katie said...

Fantastic progress on both pieces.

DJ said...

Oh I just love your tree!! The more you add to the piece, the more I love it! Your Dark alphabet is coming along nicely too! That fabric is fabulous!

butterfly said...

The tree is looking fab.
Have a fun week hugs June.

Carol said...

Love watching your tree grow, Jo! It's such a pretty temperature stitching design! Enjoy your weekend ♥

Toki said...

The two projects you introduce are very attractive. The temperature three is growing well and the overall stitching is very nice.😆Dark 13 designed linen is so beautiful that I want it too.😊