Translate

Monday 24 June 2024

June IHSW

 


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.


This year I am trying something different for IHSW - an A-Z Challenge!  These usually take place in April and people stitch one letter every day except Sunday.  I don't want to swap projects daily so thought I could do 2 or 3 letters per IHSW instead.  

June is L and M.
I didn't have an active project for K so I'm skipping that one!

IHSW also coincided with my Longest Day/Week Marathon so I contrived it that the weekend projects all fitted the L and M letters.

Chatelaine - Gardens of LONDON - before:


After:


MRS Peggotty - Queen of Hearts - before:


After:


Steady Thread - Tree of LIFE - before:


After:


LIVING on the Rainbow - 3D Haunted House - after


MIRABILIA - Fairy Idyll - before:


I continued stitching Fairy Idyll into Monday so here's the final photo of her:
 

And the whole piece so far:



Next month will be N and O.  I don't have an O, so I might skip that and go straight to P.  We shall see!


Finally the next IHSW will be 19th - 21st July so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.






No comments: