Translate

Friday 26 April 2024

April Smalls

   

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Rachel

For my Smalls stitching this year, I have chosen 12 smaller designs and numbered them for my WIPGO Board.  Each month one Small will be stitched in the evening timeslot and hopefully finished within the month.

In April, the WIPGO number was for a very old chart from 1995 which I have had in my stash for about that length of time so was great to get that one stitched at last!


Quiet Hour Sampler by La Broderie

stitched on 28 count White linen

I used a Jodyri Thread called Aurora Borealis instead of the charted Waterlilies


I love the sentiment on this one.  
I did a Google Search and the full poem is:

“Oh! For a book, and a cosy nook
And oh! for a quiet hour,
When care and strife and worry of life,
Have lost their dreaded power,
When you read with zest the very best
That mind to mind can give,
And quaff your joy without alloy,
And feel it is good to live.”
–Anonymous


The beads are more visible in real life.

In the centre I added four smaller beads rather than the charted charm.
This will make it easier to frame too.


I also swapped the placement of the initials and the year.  If I sign a project I use all three of my initials not just JP.  I've had three sets of initials in my life - JMC, JMM and JMP - so I like to include my Middle Name in my signature.


After I finished that one, I moved on to the Circle Cross Zodiac signs and started Aries:

stitched on 28 count sky blue evenweave from Silkweavers



Finally, WIPGO for May is Drawn Thread Spot of Autumn.  I stitched Spot of Winter and Spring ages ago but still have Summer and Autumn to go.  So they are both on my board for this year.  HOWEVER, May is also the month for my Just Nan-athon so I'm not sure how I will fit this one into the rotation.  




















4 comments:

jocondine said...

I love it, it's so cute, how small is it? Is it something you'll frame or a kind of bookmark? It is really lovely. xxx

Leonore Winterer said...

That's a lovely finish for April! I think the Jodyri thread with its brighter colours gives it a mode modern look, so it doesn't look dated at all. The sentiment, t any rate, is still very valid today!

Katie said...

Fantastic work on everything. Lovely poem. Very true! Of course I stitch and forget to read.

beadgirl said...

Oh, I really like the Quiet Hour sampler. Jocondine has a great idea about turning it into a bookmark if possible.