Translate

Monday 22 April 2024

April IHSW

 


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.


This year I am trying something different for IHSW - an A-Z Challenge!  These usually take place in April and people stitch one letter every day except Sunday.  I don't want to swap projects daily so thought I could do 2 or 3 letters per IHSW instead.  

April is G and H.  Once again I wasn't working Friday so I started there with H for Hocus Pocus Cabinet from Primitive Hare.  

Here's where I finished:

stitched on 32 count Vintage Country Mocha  linen


Next up on Saturday was H for Head - Art Nouveau Head from Craft Collection and now my oldest WIP.

It went from here:


to here:

stitched on 14 count white aida

I got loads done as it was quite easy and repetitive.  I had originally swapped G and H over as I thought my big stitching day was going to be Sunday and I wanted to focus on Gardens of London for the day.  However, it turned out that I got more hours in on Saturday.  The problem with Gardens is that I need to have the computer open and sit in front of it to stitch which wasn't possible on Saturday.  Whereas the Art Nouveau Head is just one piece of A4 paper and a smaller piece of fabric.

I did get the gold backstitch finished on one Guard's Box and started on the final one:

stitched on 32 count Cotton Clouds Belfast from Crafty Kitten

I'm thinking of adding in another day on this one before the end of the month to make up for it.  At least to finish the gold on the boxes.



Another very successful IHSW.  It's fun to get a chance to work on some of my older pieces for more than just 30 minutes for the Longest Day Marathon.

Next month I have only one project for each of I and J.  Then we come to my first blank which is K.  I do have a Lizzie*Kate design on my 24 list so I may have to start that one.  To fit in all the letters in 12 months I have to have two months where I stitch 3 letters or skip a letter.  It makes sense for May to be that month.


Finally the next IHSW will be 17th - 19th May so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.





3 comments:

Margaret said...

The London piece is coming along well. Stitching with gold is always a little more time consuming I find.

Leonore Winterer said...

Oh, I love your alphabet posts! Great job getting all that outlining in on the Art Nouveau Head

Katie said...

Fantastic work on everything. Enjoy your May planning.