Translate

Sunday 31 December 2023

December Stitch From Stash and Pie

 It's Old Year's Night and time for a look back at the past 365 days of stitching.


First of all, here is the Pie for December:


The two main projects were chosen by,my WIPGO Board and I was very pleased to see that Cottage Garden Samplings Year in the Woods was one of them.  It's a smaller design with not too many colours and the chance to stitch outlines then fill in without looking at the chart too much.

At the end of the month I had reached this point:

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cirrus from Chromatic Alchemy

By lucky chance, it is the first number to be called for 2024 so I can finish The Fox and make a start on February's Swans.


I saved Fairy Idyll for the period after Christmas and have been stitching some not very exciting draperies and columns.  But every stitch counts.


stitched on 32 count Murano in Vinyard from Crafty Kitten




Here's the Evening Pie:


I showed all the Just Nan's in my Smalls' post - December Smalls


In my WIPocalypse post I showed you my finishes from my "23 in '23" list and now here are the rest of my finishes for the year:




Let's have a look at the Annual Pie Chart now:



The top three individual projects were:

Hawk Run Hollow - 107 days and a finish
Little Snapdragon  - 37 days and a finish
CCN's Main Street - 34 days and a finish


I came into the year with 15 WIPs and started 20 projects over the course of the year of which 5 are still WIPs (although one only needs beads).  I also completed 4 projects started prior to 2023.  My current WIPs are:


Prior to 2020     7
2021                  2
2023                  5
Total                14


How did the spending go last month?  My magazine subscription came out and that was it for the month.



I also tallied up the spend for the whole year:




Magazines are a little bit up, I only get Cross Stitcher via subscription and Just Cross Stitch digital subscription plus paper copies of the Halloween and Christmas Specials.

Charts are way down, I bought a few Just Nans, a Mirabilia and some spooky stuff but nothing big this year.  I'm still trying to work on stash charts.
Fabric was up however because I bought fabric for the next four Zodiac Girls and some from Chromatic Alchemy for the Year in the Woods.  Plus a big piece of the charted fabric for Turn, Turn, Turn which I plan to use a few more times in 2024.
Threads were about the same and "other" included two bead packs for the Zodiac Girls.

Looking at the last ten years, this was pretty much an average spend which is good.

Finally,

Have a very Happy Old Year's Night

and a very Peaceful New Year's Day





9 comments:

diamondc said...

Jo You amaze me with these graphs, so amazing.
love seeing what you are stitching, the fox is a beautiful design.

Catherine

Katie said...

I love recap posts. They just remind me of my friends having great stitching filled years. I've enjoy cheering you along all year and look forward to seeing what you will be up to next year.

Carol said...

It's always so interesting all the statistics you keep track of. I have no idea what I spent, but I know it was also down in the chart area. I realize I have SO many older charts that I love that are just begging for my attention. Beuatiful finishes--especially that sweet angel :)

Leonore Winterer said...

It's fun to look back on the old year with all these chartsand stats. Looks like you had a great year again. Great job on the spending too! Let's have another great year of stitching in 2024.

Shelly said...

Wow, Fairy Idyl is going to be gorgeous! That fabric is perfect! Nice job keeping tabs on your spending! I'm going to do better at stitching from stash. I have something like 20 kitted up projects😳Happy stitching in 2024!

Amnicon Studio said...

I have all the "Year in the Woods" charts. I fell in love with them as soon as I saw them. I haven't stitched one yet. I wish I could stitch faster!

Tiffstitch said...

Congrats on a great year of stitching and finishes!

Rachel said...

I love seeing recap posts and you really had an amazing year.
Re SFS, you're a role model to us all about only buying the necessities!
I admit to perhaps being too tempted by charts (especially when in sales) but I do give the equivalent of my stash spending to charity each Christmas; a win for both myself and charities!
Here's to a successful 2024.

Astrids dragon said...

So many colours on your wheel, you go girl!
And as for your spending, that works out to less than ₤1 a day, such a bargain.