Translate

Friday 15 December 2023

Gifted Gorgeousness December Link-up Post

           

Welcome to the December Gifted Gorgeousness link-up. The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.

For November, my focus was my Chatelaine Gardens of London.  This was a gift for a Big Zero Birthday.  This time I stitched the iconic phone boxes and guardsmen.


stitched on 32 count Cotton Clouds Belfast from Crafty Kitten


I continued my Tree of Life from Steady Thread which was a prize I won, stitched on gifted fabric.  

stitched on 28 count Cashel linen in Meadow Mist from Silkweaver



I made some more progress on the Zodiac Signs from Circle Cross' Tarot design.  I finished Sagittarius: 

stitched on 28 count sky blue evenweave from Silkweavers



Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "December Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*

Finally, time for another Santa Story for my Advent Calendar.  Each year my son's school did a Christmas performance with varying degrees of success!  Several of the children are not so keen on performing and would rather run around, sit with their parent, not enter the room or attempt to steal the show by ad-libbing!  The staff came up with various ingenious ways to support every child to play a part in the performance.  

One year, my son's class were really doing well with their swimming lessons so the teacher decided to incorporate this in their part of the show.  The story was "Matt's Class are going to see Santa at the North Pole on a boat.  Unfortunately the boat capsizes and the class have to swim for it!"

We then watched a video of them "falling" off an inflatable mat into the pool and swimming through various obstacles to reach Santa.  The children themselves sat in a line pretending to row their boat and watched the video.

There was lots of green-screen editing to produce penguins and polar bears on their journey too.  At least I hope it was green-screen!

And here's my contribution for the day, a video of my scrapbook finishes:



14 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

A lovely video of your scapbooking. The fun of Christmas productions hee hee all making memories. Great work on your stitching.

DJ said...

Thank you for hosting Gifted Gorgeousness all year long! I love seeing your entries each month, and watching some of your larger projects grow! Your Chatelaine is coming long very nicely! I love the guards and their little red houses! It's been wonderful watching each zodiac piece come to life, and your tree of life grow! It's always a feast for the eyes to visit your blog! I wish I could have seen your son's video, it sounds like it was a fun video! Happy Stitching!

Beth in IL said...

Well, I love your London piece. It is one I had never seen before. Thank you for all the wonderful SAL's you host.

butterfly said...

Again such beautiful stitching , hugs June.

diamondc said...

Merry Christmas Jo and Family: Love the video, thank-you for sharing.
I do not have children or grandchildren but if I did I would go to al their activities at their school, you are so Blessed.

Catherine

Sheryl said...

I like the idea of your scrapbook finishes, such a lot of pretty stitching Jo and a clever inventive teacher helping each child to enjoy a school performance, what great fun. Happy Christmas.

Akila said...

Love your video and your son's school story. The London piece is my fav today

Katie said...

All linked up. Thanks for hosting. Love your story. Cute idea.

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm a little sad about how many of these you had to do yourself this year...but this story is adorable, I love the idea with the boat and swimming to Santa, never mind the ice cold water!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You are making good progress on Gardens of London. I enjoyed your story about one of your son's school performances. Unfortunately I'm unable to load your video at the moment. I will try again.

Shelly said...

I'm so glad you jumped in to fill those blank Advent days. I'm enjoying reading your memories of Santa. Next year for Advent if you don't have a participant, I volunteer to have another post. Keep me in mind!

Denise :) said...

So obviously I'm late opening doors, but I'm glad I came back to read the Santa story for today! What a kick! Hugs!! :)

Astrids dragon said...

Lovely wips, I love seeing the Gardens of London grow.
That would have been a funny video to see, how creative.
Your scrapbook continues to look good, especially all the dragons!

Rachel said...

Great progress on your GG pieces; nice the see the Chatelaine looking symmetrical!
Love the video too. Some I remember/recognise from FFG but others are new. I think my favourites are the little tag motifs at 0:24.