Translate

Monday 18 December 2023

December IHSW

 


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.


December is always a tricky month for stitching time.  I have had one project all month and don't seem to have much to show for almost every day.  But sometimes it's only an hour of stitching.

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cirrus from Chromatic Alchemy

This is The Fox from the Year in the Woods series from Cottage Garden Samplings.  I have all 12 and it will probably take me 12 years to stitch them all at this rate!

This is my evening project, Special Delivery from Just Nan from 2003.  I started this for my Just Nan-athon in 2018 and stitched it for one evening per year since then.  It would be nice to finish it this year.

stitched on 28 count Flax linen

I did take the time at the weekend to put some stitchy decorations up.  This is my traditional garland decorated with stitched ornaments from friends and some that I stitched myself.




This is a new wreath for this year and feautures some of the felt ornaments the lovely Jocondine has made for me and my family.  The cups have our initials on them!  




Finally, the next IHSW will be 19th - 21st January so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.





3 comments:

Pamela said...

Your holiday decorations are gorgeous!

Leonore Winterer said...

December really is a tricky time for stitching, but you made some good progress on the fox neverthless!

Katie said...

Beautiful decorations. Lovely fox.