Translate

Friday 31 March 2023

March WIPGO

 



I thought I'd do a little recap of my WIPGO progress so far this year.  WIPGO is basically Bingo for WIPs.  Each person makes their own board of 25 squares with various WIPs and goals for each number.
Two numbers are called each month and we work on those projects.
The centre square is a bonus, if 13 is called then another number is called in addition so you could have three projects that month.  I use 13 for my Longest Day marathon.

Here's my board at the start of the year:



And here it is now:


My focus piece for 2023 is Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow so that features 10 times.  I have paired it with Fairy Idyll because I am hoping to complete it before the end of the year and move on to Fairy Idyll.

Each of my other projects appear once, twice or thrice depending on how much time I want to spend on them,

It would be nice if H@HRH came out once a month with one other project but of course it doesn't work like that!  It either comes out twice or not at all.

There are three possible combinations:

A. H@HRH x 2 - stitch H@HRH for 2 weeks then stitch whatever I want for 2 weeks
B. H@HRH x 1 plus 1 other project - stitch H@HRH for 2 weeks and the other project for 2 weeks
C. Other projects x 2 - stitch H@HRH for 2 weeks then the other projects for one week each.

So far it seems to be working,

In January I worked on my Faces SAL and Little Snapdragon, both older WIPs I would like to see finished soon.




In February H@HRH was called twice so I used the rest of the month to finish the block on the Faces SAL.

For March, I got a new start I'd been really looking forward to - Taurus by Nora Corbett and then my Bothy Threads 12 Days of Christmas.




I absolutely love Taurus!   I have all 12 of the Zodiac Girls and want to stitch them all on the corresponding fabrics from Sparklies.  So Taurus is being stitched on Taurus fabric!  My long-term plan is one per year but I may escalate that time frame!

At the rate I am stitching the Bothy Threads, that's also going to take 12 years!  The linen is so floppy but the colours are gorgeous.  Especially this red in the Five Gold Rings block.

Next month, the numbers called are for 2 weeks on H@HRH so once I have done those, I will return to Little Snapdragon and see how much progress I can make on him.


🐇 Good Friday - Friday 7th April 🐇

Finally, it's time to sign up for the Annual Easter Treasure Hunt.    If you would like to take part this year, just leave a comment here.  The week before Easter I will send you a letter of the alphabet which will form part of the mystery phrase.  On Good Friday you will post that letter along with a photo of something seasonal that you have stitched (could be Easter or Spring or just something cheerful and sunny or floral).  We all hop around like little bunnies to find the Mystery Phrase!

Here's a link to last year's hop so you can see how it all works - Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop 2022














1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

You have so many great projects on the go, and with your determination I'm sure you'll be able to finish some of them soon! Especially HRH won't take long now.