Translate

Sunday 29 May 2022

May WIPocalypse Retreats and Seminars

       WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings


Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "22 in '22" for this year.  Since my last post I stitched on 5 of them and had 1 "nearly finish", I just need to add some spiders to Skeleton Polish.  

2. Kustom Krafts Little Snapdragon
stitched on 32 count Murano in Evening Sky from Crafty Kitten

3. Chatelaine Gardens of London

stitched on 32 count Cotton Clouds Belfast from Crafty Kitten


5. Carriage House Samplings Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy

11. Hands On Design Scary Apothecary Skeleton Polish

stitched on 28 count Radioactive Linen from Chromatic Alchemy


17. Jardin Prive 12 Days of Christmas

stitched on 32 count Millenium Blue linen



The full list can be seen here - WIPocalypse and 22 in 22


Finally, Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too.

May – Retreats and seminars – have you ever been to any stitching events? If so, tell us about them!

I have been on two quite different retreats.  The first was a Re-Treat with the emphasis on the treat.  Two sisters owned a converted barn where they held the retreats for only 6 other ladies at a time.  One sister taught the stitching and the other sister did the cooking and also the pampering in the evenings.   I had a wonderful time!  We spent three days just stitching, chatting, eating, having our nails done and shopping in the pop-up shop they had there.

This is the Jane Greenoff class project I completed some years later!



The second was more formal, based in London at the Imperial College in Kensington,  I signed up for a goldwork course.  This was fascinating but sadly I never finished the project.   Eventually I sent it to Dima as she has more chance of completing it than I do.

So my ideal retreat would be a combination of the two; time to chat and a class to learn a new technique or a special class project with a designer I admire.  I would love to get together with more stitchers, especially my blogging friends so if anyone is passing this way do get in touch and come round for coffee and stitching!





3 comments:

butterfly said...

Again lovely to see your beautiful stitching Jo .
I would be around for coffee if I lived near.
I do try and get to see my stitching friends who live near me , now I stepped back from my old club , the younger ones run it now , and they like quilting.
Have a great week hugs June.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great stitching this month! Your retreats sound like fun, I think I'd like to do the treat-one, but only if I knew at least some of the other ladies. I don't do that well with strangers!

Rachel said...

I'd love to meet you but just discovered that, even though I don't live that far away, it would take me 5 hours on the train! Maybe one day...