Translate

Monday 30 May 2022

May TUSAL and My Stitching Library

 

It's TUSAL time!  

Here is my TUSAL jar with my current project:


I completed the second guardsman this afternoon and will now work on the border for one day.



What's on my Shelf?

This is a new feature I'm going to include on my TUSAL post until I run out of books! I started a Page on my Happy Dance blog for my Stitching Library and realised what a huge task it was so decided to break it down to one book per month. For the next four years...

Title: The Best of Teresa Wentzler Fantasy Collection Volume 2
Author: Teresa Wenztler
Publisher: Leisure Arts 
ISBN: 9781574865974

I only have Volume 2 and I think both this and number 1 are rather hard to get .  To be honest, they are the original hand-drawn charts in a softback book so if you love the designs - buy the charts instead as they will be much easier to stitch from!

The front cover shows The Guardian, a Watch Dragon:



These two are The Storyteller (based on a picture by Maxfield Parrish which Teresa loved as a young child) and The Enchanter, a young mage learning his craft:


These four are Petite designs, on the left - Peacock Majesty and Gentle Creature.  On the right - Castle Ridge and Above the Clouds:


I stitched Above the Clouds in 2005


These two are Celestial Dragon and the Fantasy Triptych


And two aquatic themed pieces - Mermaid and Tradewinds


To see a good picture of Mermaid, check out Leonore's blog

This is a beautiful book with some lovely projects.  Teresa introduces each design and talks about her childhood and love of fantasy, especially the dragons.  It makes it even harder to understand why she has been turned away from these gorgeous animals.  I hope she comes back to us one day so more people can buy the designs and stitch them for themselves.


Finally, I'm planning my Summer Blog Hop so I'll be talking about that in the next month.






3 comments:

Sandy said...

I always get excited when I'm the first person to comment on a blog post. I always feel like I should win a prize or something, lol. Beautiful pieces, each and everyone of them. But, wow stitching those has to take some time, perhaps even be a bit tedious. So much detail and so many color changes. LOVE the Dragon!!
Sandy's Space

butterfly said...

Great stitching and book .
Have a good day .

Leonore Winterer said...

Lovely to see your Chatelaine again!

Whoo, first time you show a book I also own. I love every single one of the designs in there, and want to stitch at least half of them. I agree on the chart quality not being the best, though. I wish she made her dragons available in digital form again *sigh*