Translate

Friday 20 May 2022

The Start of IHSW and some WIPGO Updates

 


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.

Each month this year my plan is to focus on Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow for 14 days and then see what my WIPGO Board throws up.

I made great progress on Block 1 this month but didn't quite finish it.  There are some bats, spiders and webs still to be added as well as the rest of the moon.  At the moment it's just a floating face!

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy

The whole piece so far:


This month WIPGO called out 2 different projects, both for the first time this year.  First up is Hands On Design and the next in the Scary Apothecary series - Skeleton Polish

stitched on 28 count Radioactive linen from Chromatic Alchemy

I'm using the DMC conversion as usual.  The colours aren't such a good match as in previous designs in this series.  The top lilac (3042) looks more grey so I changed to 3041 for the rest of the design which does now look more purple than grey.   The green is much darker than the charted green but it looks fine so it's staying!

The other project WIPGO called is my Chatelaine.  I'm hoping to finish Skeleton Polish and get just a couple of days on Gardens of London at the end of the month.


Finally, come back on Monday to see how I got on this weekend! 



3 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on HRH - think you'll be able to finish Skeleton Polish over IHSW? Looking forward to finding out!

DJ said...

Both projects are coming along, fingers crossed you get lots done as I'm dying to see your Chatelaine! I should dig mine out of mothballs. I'm all over the map these days, I need a routine!!! Can't wait to see how much you accomplished!

Carol said...

It just hit me that you are stitching your Halloween piece over one on 25 ct., Jo! This will be so wonderful when finished. Keep up the great work! ♥