Translate

Wednesday 6 May 2020

Stitch Maynia Starts

I am taking part in Stitch Maynia once again with my Just Nan-a-thon as per previous years.  Stitch Maynia is a stitching challenge along the same lines as the Crazy January Challenge or March Madness.  It just happens in May.  Back in 2018 I started 32 Just Nan Smalls starts and then in 2019 I stitched on each one on it's anniversary date.

Over the course of the last year I have completed 8 of them so I have space for 8 new starts.  I started 4 of them in April as part of Rachel and Tiffany's Spring Into Summer New Starts and then another one on 5th May.  I am stitching these as my Bath Time stitching so I post pictures the following morning.

So here are the photos for the first five days:

1st May - Beach Roses


2nd May - Lady in Red Heart


3rd May - Love & Roses


4th May - Rose Lady (the "Lady" will be a ladybird charm)


5th May - Sparkling Iris

As we have started another new month, my rotation has started again.  The first day is spent on Christmas stitching.  My project for this year is JBW Designs 12 Days of Christmas and we are up to Five Gold Rings:

stitched on 40 count white linen

It does look a little incomplete but that's because I am leaving the beads to after Day Six.  There will be red ribbons and a bead attaching each ring to the wreath so it makes sense to do those at the same time.

Then the next three days are spent on Hallowe'en stitching.  This year I am working on the Scary Apothecary series by Hands On Design.  This is Bitter Brew:

stitched on 28 count Radioactive linen from Chromatic Alchemy

The orange is blended rather than use a variegated.  It took ages!  I stitched the word Bitter so could at least just fill in around it, but Brew had to be counted very carefully.  Not too much to do next month so I should finish it then.


Finally I got an extra little finish sneaked in on the last day of April.  Here's a clue:


Because I also FFO'd it straight away and will show you on the 10th for Rachel's FFO Gallery.





16 comments:

Mary said...

I am impressed with how much you accomplish just during bath time!! I'm looking forward to seeing your final finish with the sweet bee!

Barb said...

Lots of good stitching. I do not do Maynia! I think it would make me a bit crazy!

butterfly said...

Lovely new starts , I didn't join but I am stitching on 7 designs a day .
Love the bee.
I am having the biggest Spring clean ever sorting out all my crafts and none crafts in my spare room . It's a big task .
Don't want to do it but I must get some order in there now I have the time.
Once that's done I need to do the same in the craft room outside .

diamondc said...

Jo: So many sweet designs.
I am loving the green fabric, wow so pretty.
Stay Healthy

Catherine

Katie said...

Great work on everything!

Linda said...

Love all of your starts Jo. I was really considering a start a day but I'm just to obsessed with the stained glass pieces.

Linda

OhSewCrafty said...

Great progress on Bitter Brew and I love your new Love & Roses on the black, very interested in the sparkling iris too. Happy Maynia!

Ann C. said...

Good luck with your Maynia stitching!

Unknown said...

So many lovely projects. I love the orange on that green! --AVSXS

Rachel said...

A good start to the month. I especially like the wave border on Beach Roses and, of course, I have to mention THE fabric again - awesome! :)

Christine said...

Love the apothecary designs, even better that it's on radioactive linen!

Julie said...

Good luck with this months Maynia.
Plenty of lovely things to see updated...

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I couldn't settle to do Maynia like you as I'd want to keep stitching on a couple of those Just Nans until they were finished.

Tiffstitch said...

Great start to the month and that orange does look really good in Bitter Brew. Nice finish on Be Well also, that's a perfect little bee.

Leonore Winterer said...

Lovely stitching! It must be fun to have so many smalls on the go and make progress on all of them. The golden rings are so cute!

Astrids dragon said...

Great starts, I wish I could be that organized to get a mania together!
I love the Bitter Brew, the perfect fabric for it.
I see that sweet bee, I know what's coming.