Translate

Saturday 7 March 2020

The People Chose Coffee


This SAL is all about what you want to see on the blog.  Each month I ask for suggestions for themes and then put them up to the members of the IHSW Group on FB to vote for their choice.  This is what they have chosen:

March - Coffee
April - Modern Samplers
May - Fire

Well, I've had my first coffee of the day and have another ready to drink while I type this up.  The first question must be - are you are a tea or coffee drinker?  I have always been a coffee person.  When I was a child and couldn't sleep my Dad would make me a drink by boiling milk in a saucepan and adding a little coffee powder to it.  When I got old enough to make the choice I would always go for coffee.  Now I still like a Cappucino when I am out but instant is good enough at home.

When I think of Coffee designs, Beth Twist of Heartstring Samplery is my first thought.  She did a series called Magical Elixir all about Coffee.  Her Coffee Quaker was the most popular design with lots of people using coffee-coloured and coffee-named threads to stitch it.




I really need the Coffee Quaker!

This is my Spooky Coffee scrapbook page:


The top design is by Witchy Stitches.  I stitched it over one on some coffee coloured evenweave.
The bottom design is a freebie from Plum Street Samplers called Brew Ha Ha.  Again, I stitched this over one.

Several years ago I was sent a kit by Yiota to review.  I chose Coffee Fairy:


which I started on this amazing fabric:

stitched on Monarch from Sparklies

This one is currently waiting it's turn with my older projects.  I had a phase of starting several large projects at once and now I am trying to reduce the number by focusing on them in size order!

You can also use coffee to dye fabric, but it turns out that I have only used tea.  So I will save those pictures until we get Tea as a theme!

Now it's over to you.  All you have to do is make a post on the theme of Coffee, mention The People's Choice SAL (you can copy the picture I used at the top of this post and in my side bar) and my blog. Please link up using the URL of the actual blog post, not the home page of your blog. I look forward to seeing what you all post.


*

*

Finally, I need your suggestions for the next poll. Any thing, no matter how obscure, weird or random will go into the poll. Keep the theme suggestions to a single word or two - so you could have Cats, or Blue, or Holidays, or Warmth etc. Really anything which could be illustrated in cross stitch.


Looking forward to reading them all!




18 comments:

Rachel said...

Great post! You definitely have to get those Heartstring Samplery charts, and if you can dye some coffee-coloured fabric and use coffee-toned (sepia?) threads I'm sure they would look fantastic. Not that you need anything else to stitch... just saying!
Thanks for hosting again. The people are choosing some really great themes and your posts are continuing to inspire! :)

Linda said...

That was a fun post Jo. I really like the coffee fairy.

Linda

Kaisievic said...

Hey Jo, how do you do it? You have worked your magic again and come up with lots of stitchy things to show on the SAL post. I love all these coffee samplers - who knew there were so many of them? And my Fire theme got up for May - way to go!

Mary said...

I didn't realized there were so many coffee patterns!! I drink coffee in the morning and tea the rest of the day, so both!!

DJ said...

I just finished my cup of coffee for the day...and ironically I had a coffee post last month, I should have waited and then I could have joined your challenge! haha I have an off and on again love affair with coffee...but I like coffee with flavor. I'm enjoying some Godiva coffee my future DIL gave me for Christmas right now...yummy! Tea is ok, but give me coffee PLEASE!! There was another freebie from Plum Street a few years ago that was like a tombstone. I'll have to see if I can find the link and send it to you. Great post...and now I may need another cup of Joe...

jocondine said...

I like to drink tea all day long but must have my cup of coffee after lunch! Love that coffee quaker, it looks really great, what about a coffee-scented stitching! xxx

Christine said...

I keep eyeing up that Coffee Quaker sampler as well, even though I probably drink more tea than coffee

Ann C. said...

Thanks again Jo for hosting this SAL (and for reminding me to link back to your blog). I LOVE the fabric colour you chose for Coffee Fairy.

Katie said...

I hate coffee but I made up a post and I'm all linked up haha. Thanks for hosting.

Clare-Aimetu said...

I love your coffee sampler, apologies for being a little late

Julie said...

I too had a kit from Yiota but it got donated to a senior citizen at the community centre who loves to stitch and was looking for a donor project.

beadgirl said...

Coffee doesn't appeal to me at all, but those Heartstring designs are super cute; those I can see the appeal of!

Mini said...

I prefer coffee over tea.
Would like to more of the Yiota project.

Needles Everywhere said...

I just finished the "Coffee Saves Lives" and am working on Coffee Quaker....will gladly pass the patterns on to you if you like.

I so enjoy your blog.....thanks for posting.

Carol said...

Coffee or tea? Neither! I wish I liked them as they seem like such a sociable activity :) But, other than the rare hot cocoa, I stick to water. I do LOVE coffee flavored ice cream and candy, though. You've found some very cute coffee themed projects, Jo! Have a great week :)

Bethan said...

I am a tea person - giant mugs of the stuff! I will have coffee but it has to be very milky. There are a surprising amount of coffee projects - I look forward to seeing more of the Yiota project x

Astrids dragon said...

The first time I had milky coffee was in Wales from my Nana Nesta - she asked if I'd like one and I thought of course I'd like milk in my coffee - now sometimes it's an evening treat. I definitely need my morning coffee and then an afternoon tea.
I love your coffee pieces! One of these days I'd like to stitch the Coffee Sampler, and I have the Brew Ha Ha pattern, I just need to stitch it.

Leonore Winterer said...

I'd love to stitch that coffee quaker myself...and I really hope that we'll see the Coffee Fairy on your blog sometime, she's awesome!