Translate

Sunday 29 March 2020

March WIPocalypse Adopted WIPs

WIPocalypse
WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings

Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.

Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "20 in '20" for this year.  This month I stitched on 6 of them.

My Discworld Mappe went from here:


to here

Lyndisfarne - Discworld Map
(Project 5)

Nora Corbett - Gathering Eggs
(Project 6)


JBW - 12 Days of Christmas
(Project 9)



Hands on Design - Bat Balm
(Project 13)

Just Nan - Winter in the Square
(Project 16)

Amanda Butler - Alice in Wonderland SAL in Cross Stitcher magazine
(Project 17)

Measi always gives us a topic to discuss:

March – Have you ever adopted a piece from someone else or gave up a piece to someone else? Which piece and why?


Yes, I have.  Many years ago my Mum started a cross stitch sampler, but half way through we had a family crisis and once it was over she did not want to continue with the piece.  She asked me if I wanted to finish it and keep it.  Which I did.


This was a kit from a catalogue in the 1990s.  Stitched on 14 count aida.  One thing we did learn was that Mum and I do our XXX the opposite way round to each other.  So I had to swap mine to match her's.

The other piece I stitched was for a friend who was destashing.  She was giving up cross stitch to focus on her crochet business.  She gave me a huge box of goodies in exchange for stitching this kit for her.  She had literally only prepared the fabric for it!  This is Gathering Honey by Jannlynn Designs: 



🐇 Good Friday - Friday 10th April 🐇

Finally, it's time to sign up for the Annual Easter Treasure Hunt.  If you would like to take part this year, just leave a comment here.  The week before Easter I will send you a letter of the alphabet which will form part of the mystery phrase.  On Good Friday you will post that letter along with a photo of something seasonal that you have stitched (could be Easter or Spring or just something cheerful and sunny or floral).  We all hop around like little bunnies to find the Mystery Phrase!


Here's a link to last year's hop so you can see how it all works - Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop 2019






21 comments:

Cathy said...

Lots of progress this month! I've always loved Gathering Honey!

Sandy said...

Love your progress, great project and glad you were able to finish your Mom's sampler. I love your hops and can't wait to see it. I don't do Easter stitching, not sure why, guess I've just not found any charts that I like well enough. Sandy

Kaisievic said...

Hi Jo, lots and lots of lovely progress this month, love them all but especially "Gathering Eggs".

Barb said...

Both of the shared pieces are wonderful. I have one from my Mom that was the kind that was printed on the fabric. She has been gone now for many years and I treasure the design.

Cathy said...

You got alot done this month. I have stitched Gathering Honey also. I just need to frame it. Stay safe.

Mini said...

Some lovely finishes. Looks like you would be able to finish Mappe this year.
I love gathering honey

Mary said...

The Sampler of your Mom's is gorgeous..Blue and White is always such a gorgeous color combo. Great progress on Discoworld. I'm enjoying seeing the world take shape.

DJ said...

I love all the things you posted this post! I especially love the Nora Corbett piece, it seems so delicate! Disc World looks fabulous! I love the Bat balm...it made me lol! Such lovely projects it must be hard to choose which to stitch on! I hope you are staying well!

Beth in IL said...

Wow! Discworld is really moving forward. Love them all!

OhSewCrafty said...

Beautiful stitching this month Jo, amazing progress on Discworld as usual. Gathering Eggs is the perfect seasonal stitch. The Honeycomb piece is gorgeous, what a treasure! Nice work on Bat Balm, I finished mine this month too. Best wishes to stay well and happy in these crazy times.

Carol said...

So nice that you were able to take over those two projects and give them new life, Jo! As always your projects are all coming along swimmingly :)

jocondine said...

Mappe is growing so well. I'm glad to see Alice stitching, a new work in progress to follow with pleasure. xxx

Rahenna said...

Looking great! Gathering Honey is actually a WIP in my house (not my project though) and I love it to bits. Yours is beautiful!

Julie said...

Winter in the Square is looking good as is everything else.
I gave away a HAED half stitched piece once, really didn't get on with that at all.

Katie said...

Fantastic progress. Love your two adopted pieces!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great work this month! I'm glad we got to see Gathering Honey again, I loved that one.

Bethan said...

Great work this month! I love the sampler you inherited, and it's so nice to see Gathering Honey again x

Susan said...

WOW! Lots of progress this month. I love the varied styles of your pieces.

Rachel said...

I hadn't realised how many beautiful colours there were in Gathering Eggs. She's looking good, as are all your projects. And yay for seeing Radioactive again! :)

Christine said...

Great progess. your Mappe will be done before you know it

Astrids dragon said...

Wow, Discworld is so close, it looks fantastic!
That little Miss is so adorable Gathering Eggs, she looks so dainty.
You know how I feel about Gathering Honey, I haven't picked mine up in a while and I'm sure it's not happy about that!