Translate

Friday 20 March 2020

The Perfect Time to Hermit and Stitch


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.

I started the weekend with a day of stitching on the Alice in Wonderland SAL by Amanda Butler in Cross Stitcher magazine.

Earlier in the week I did all the plain crosses:


Today I added all the backstitch:


 

Then I started on the vines in the border.  I decided to add the beads with the same dark green thread but use petite beads instead of the standard size because I am using 32 count not 28.


Close-up of the beads:


This is the end of my three day rotation on this design.  Tomorrow I will go back to Discworld for another four days and then use the Tiny Decisions wheel to choose my final project for the month.


🐇 Good Friday - Friday 10th April 🐇


Finally, it's time to sign up for the Annual Easter Treasure Hunt.  If you would like to take part this year, just leave a comment here.  The week before Easter I will send you a letter of the alphabet which will form part of the mystery phrase.   On Good Friday you will post that letter along with a photo of something seasonal that you have stitched (could be Easter or Spring or just something cheerful and sunny or floral).  We all hop around like little bunnies to find the Mystery Phrase!

Here's a link to last year's hop so you can see how it all works - Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop 2019



20 comments:

Cathy said...

Your Alice in Wonderland sampler is coming along nicely. Sign me up for the Easter SAL, please!

DJ said...

What a huge difference backstitching makes on your Alice in Wonderland piece! I love it!! Happy hermitting!! (We are hermitting for a different reason, but hopefully I'll get some stitching done while we hunker down!) Stay well!!

Julie said...

Really enjoying watching this one grow, it's fabulous.

Heritage Hall said...

Your Alice in Wonderland is Wonderful...what fun it must be to
work and the beads really highlight....

Clare-Aimetu said...

Alice is looking great, it's a very clever design as the background on Alice gives her a 3D effect.

butterfly said...

Love Alice so pretty .
Have a lovely weekend take care and big hugs.

Kay said...

Alice is fabulous, this is going to be wonderful when finished. x

Mary said...

The backstitching really makes Alice come alive. I'll be getting lots of stitching in this weekend. Stay well...

Beth in IL said...

I'll join the hop. Look forward to seeing DiscWorld!

diamondc said...

Jo: Alice In wonder land is amazing.
I have never seen this design before, I love it.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Catherine

Barb said...

Those back stitches really made Alice pop! Very pretty.

Carol said...

Alice is really coming to life, Jo! Great progress and I'm sure you'll find lots of stitching time this week. Take care now ♥

Mary's Thread said...

This design is so charming! Your progress is great!

Please sign me up for the Easter blog hop! :)

Amy Davidson said...

You're stitching is beautiful and that vine is so delicate and lovely!

Bethan said...

Really loving seeing this Alice piece progress x

Katie said...

Oh that vine looks beautiful. Love the beads. Adds a just wonderful touch.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I'm enjoying seeing your Alice in Wonderland sampler. I'm tempted by it but I have lots of other projects I can work on.

Christine said...

Alice is looking great. I really enjoyed this block

Leonore Winterer said...

Your Alice sampler looks great! I think I like the border even better than the designs, though.

Rachel said...

Very pretty! I've found you can just about get away with standard beads on 16/32 count providing they're not too close together but, having said that, I really like how delicate the petite beads are in your vine borders. Good substitution choice there! :)