Translate

Tuesday 31 March 2020

March Stitch from Stash and Pie

I saw a meme earlier today which said "March; came in like a lion and went out like a roaring six-headed monster" which seemed appropriate.  If only I had remembered to save the image.

I did remember to take photos of some of my projects though.  First the Pie:


Once again, a full 15 days on Discworld which saw it go from here:


to here:


You can see where the page edge is to the right of the picture where each colour extends to.  Next month I will fill that in and do all the backstitch on this page before working to the next page on the right.

When I finished Discworld for the month, I spun my Tiny Decisions wheel and got Gathering Eggs by Nora Corbett.  This is where she was last time I stitched on her:


stitched on 35 count Vintage Country Mocha linen


The white fill-in took ages, as did the multi-coloured ruffle trim to her dress.  But it is stunning, I love the way Nora has designed her whole outfit.  I only need to add her shoes and then I can start on the background.

One design which isn't showing up in the Pie is my bath-time project.  At the moment this is my Leap Day start; Fox Few by Plum Street Sampler.  Here's where I am now:

stitched on 32 count khaki evenweave
(which is more green in real life)

When I was typing my WIPocalypse post, I realised I had not shown the finish I had at the start of the month.  This is the first in the Scary Apothecary series by Hands on Design - Bat Balm:

stitched on 28 count linen in Radioactive from Chromatic Alchemy

I am using the DMC conversion for this, except for the black which is Weeks Dye Works Kohl (charted for CC Zack Black or DMC 317).  I also substituted DMC E316 (metallic) for Kreinik 5013, DMC E317 (metallic) for Kreinik 011HL and a blend of DMC 3853 and 5284 (metallic) for the orange Kreinik 027.


The other changes were outlining the bats in black:


And underlining the word Balm in a turquoise metallic:


So why did I make those substitutions?  Stitch from Stash, of course!  Here is my spending for the month:

March
Charms Etsy £7.01
Mr Linky £4.04
Cross Stitcher sub £8.72
Total £12.76



🐇 Good Friday - Friday 10th April 🐇


Finally, it's time to sign up for the Annual Easter Treasure Hunt.  If you would like to take part this year, just leave a comment here.  The week before Easter I will send you a letter of the alphabet which will form part of the mystery phrase.   On Good Friday you will post that letter along with a photo of something seasonal that you have stitched (could be Easter or Spring or just something cheerful and sunny or floral).  We all hop around like little bunnies to find the Mystery Phrase!


Here's a link to last year's hop so you can see how it all works - Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop 2019




12 comments:

Barb said...

After listening to the Covid report today, I think that meme is so correct. All the stitching looked great. I thought that ruffle must have been tricky before I read what you said under the picture. She is so pretty and her dress is beautiful, ruffle and all.

butterfly said...

Great stitching Jo you are doing well with all your projects .
I must pick up my girl with the basket of eggs , your's is looking so beautiful.
Stay safe hugs.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I was impressed with the dress ruffle as well, Jo. It is a lovely design. Great to see so many projects on the go.

Linda said...

Wonderful progress on all of your projects Jo.

Linda

Katie said...

I seen that and laughed out loud. So true. Fantastic stitching for March. Hope your April is just as full.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great stitching as always Jo, and good progress on your projects. Spending was good too, it is tempting to look/buy online right now isn't it.

Tiffstitch said...

Excellent progress on Discworld and so nice to get a large swath of colour mostly done. Bat Balm looks awesome!!

Susan said...

March so did didn't it? You white stitches are amazing. Loving all your pieces.

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your finish and all of your progress this month. I have to ask... will you be using Radioactive for the other Apothecary charts?

Bethan said...

The ruffle looks so real - I can see why it took you so long! I love the Bat finish x

Leonore Winterer said...

Great work this month! Gathering Eggs is so pretty, I love that trim on her dress. Such a cute design. And Bat Balm is awesome, it really pops on that fabric!

Christine said...

I agree, the bottom of that dress is so pretty