Translate

Monday 19 August 2024

August IHSW

 


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.


This year I am trying something different for IHSW - an A-Z Challenge!  These usually take place in April and people stitch one letter every day except Sunday.  I don't want to swap projects daily so thought I could do 2 or 3 letters per IHSW instead.  

August was P and Q but I totally forgot to swap out my projects so I think I'd better do them next weekend instead.


What I did work on was my Joan Elliott Faces SAL and made some lovely progress on the final face including starting her over one skin!

stitched on 28 count Snapdragon Jazlyn from Crafty Kitten


My evening project are the Halloween Trifles from Shepherd's Bush.  I have finished the first one and started the second.


stitched on 32 count Tigerlily Murano from Sparklies



 
Next month will be R and S.  I don't have an R project at the moment but S is covered by a number of projects so I will be spoiled for choice!


Finally the next IHSW will be 20th - 22nd September so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.












3 comments:

butterfly said...

Love the top stitching , is it a chart or are you using parts of other designs . Hugs June.

DJ said...

Awww the Halloween trifles are very cute! And your faces piece is coming along nicely! I always saved the facial features for last because I couldn't stand something staring at me while I stitched....LOL!! Happy Stitching!

Leonore Winterer said...

Oops on forgetting to swap projects, but I can see how you'd get absorbed by the Faces and Halloween Trifles, the both look amazing!