Translate

Monday 23 March 2020

March IHSW


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.

I started the weekend off with my Alice in Wonderland SAL from Cross Stitcher magazine:


Then moved on to my Discworld Mappe.  I didn't seem to get much stitching done but we have been going out for long walks each afternoon which is usually my stitching time.

stitched on custom-dyed 32 count Murano from Sparklies

I think I need to turn Facebook off and stitch more!

In the evenings I have been stitching the cover kit from this month's Cross Stitcher magazine.  There are some beads to be added around the butterflies:

stitched on 32 count white evenweave

I don't usually stitch the cover kits these days but I have a friend who loves butterflies so this will be a nice little "I Miss You" card to send her.  This came with a lovely printed butterfly button too.  And aida which I substituted.  The threads aren't DMC but the coverage is really nice on the 32 count.


The next IHSW will be 17th - 19th April so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook.  If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post. 


🐇 Good Friday - Friday 10th April 🐇


Finally, it's time to sign up for the Annual Easter Treasure Hunt.  If you would like to take part this year, just leave a comment here.  The week before Easter I will send you a letter of the alphabet which will form part of the mystery phrase.   On Good Friday you will post that letter along with a photo of something seasonal that you have stitched (could be Easter or Spring or just something cheerful and sunny or floral).  We all hop around like little bunnies to find the Mystery Phrase!

Here's a link to last year's hop so you can see how it all works - Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop 2019


14 comments:

Beth in IL said...

Yes, despite the stay at home order, I am getting less stitching done than I like. Afternoon walks are healthy right? Love your little butterflies. Stay well!

Barb said...

The progress on Alice and Discworld are great. But those walks are so important with so many of us spending all the time at home. My DH and I go for one each morning.

Kaisievic said...

Great progress, Jo, I am yet to post my IHSW and FNSI posts as I have been so busy working from home on my laptop that when I finish I don't feel like doing it anymore. Anyway, please count me in for the blog hop - I have already finished my piece for it - yay!

butterfly said...

You are stitching some lovely designs .
Stay safe and have fun.

Rita said...

Great stitching on this weekend!
I would like to participate on the blog hop.
mamivonat@yahoo.se

BronnyB said...

Hi Jo,
Lovely stitching - Alice is really cool
I'd love to join in on the blog hop too

Mary said...

Alice is so sweet. If the quarantine continues I will participate in the sit and stitch in April. Stay well. Mary

Cathy said...

Lovely progress! I've seen the butterfly kit and it's very pretty.

Julie said...

Your friend will be delighted to receive your lovely stitched butterflies. I think we are all spending more time online and other technology at the moment making sure everyone is ok.

Katie said...

Beautiful progress. Yeah my stitching seems to be going really slow too. No Facebook would be a huge help haha. Plus emails, blog reading, laundry, house keeping, cooking haha.

Bethan said...

Lovely progress, and a nice idea to use the butterflies for your friend. Hope you are keeping well x

Christine said...

Great progress on your Mappe.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress, love the butterflies! It's a little scary to think that we might still be locked in next IHSW.

Rachel said...

Looks like you had a good IHSW - if it wasn't for the seriousness of the current situation it must have been pleasing not to have work get in the way.