Translate

Monday 23 September 2024

September IHSW

 



IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.


This year I am trying something different for IHSW - an A-Z Challenge!  These usually take place in April and people stitch one letter every day except Sunday.  I don't want to swap projects daily so thought I could do 2 or 3 letters per IHSW instead.  

August was P and Q but I totally forgot to swap out my projects so I decided to roll them over to September.

I had a few choices for P but decided to focus on just one rather unloved project which covered both P and Q.  Mrs Peggotty's Queen of Hearts.

I started this one back in 2019 after loving her Alice design.  Unfortunately I got bogged down in the endless stripes on this one and haven't really enjoyed stitching her.  

So this month I decided to fill in the roses and then move across and try complete all of Page 2 which included some of her face.


This is where I stopped on The Longest Day:


Here's where I am now!

stitched over 1 on 25 count white evenweave

I'm really pleased with that progress so while it's never going to be my favourite project I can see I will finish it one day.  I also noticed that Mrs Peggotty has tweaked the design since I bought the chart.  Look at how different the frame is and how there are a lot less long straight lines of stitching to do.  Clearly I am not the only one who wasn't enjoying that aspect.

Here's what else I worked on over the weekend, two projects from Steady Thread.

The first is the Halloween SAL which I am doing in a Victorian Motto Sampler Shop thread called Violet Grey and some dark toned Anchor threads for the accents.

stitched on 30 count tea-dyed linen


We're approaching the end of summer but we still have some lovely oranges and yellows for the Temperature Tree


stitched on 28 count Cashel Linen in Meadow Mist from Silkweavers


 
Next month will be R and S.  I don't have an R project at the moment but S is covered by a number of projects so I will be spoiled for choice!


Finally the next IHSW will be 18th - 20th October so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.













No comments: