Translate

Sunday 15 September 2024

September Gifted Gorgeousness Link-up Post

        


Welcome to the September Gifted Gorgeousness link-up. The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.

Last month, my evening piece was a chart I gave to a friend as a Birthday present and then she gave it back to me to stitch for myself!  I'm using the offcut of Sparklies' Tigerlily Murano for these.

Shepherd's Bush - Halloween Trifles

stitched on 32 count Tigerlily Murano from Sparklies


My focus piece for last month was Joan Elliott's Faces SAL, stitched on gifted fabric:


stitched on 28 count Snapdragon Jazlyn from Crafty Kitten

This month, both my focus pieces are also gifts!  The charts were sent to me by a lovely friend who was clearing some of her older stash.  During the day I am stitching on Couer de Sorciere by TraLaLa:

stitched on 32 count Taupe evenweave


In the evening it's this little repeating design from Hands on Design, [never.more]


stitched on 32 count Khaki linen


Continuing progress on this one as we cool down to Lime again:

Steady Thread - Tree of Life Temperature SAL
.
stitched on 28 count Meadow Mist linen from Silkweavers

I record the temperature each day and then stitch the leaves on the Sunday morning.
I've caught up at last!


My Dark 13 design is stitched on gifted fabric, a beautiful 40 count linen called Witch's Brew from Zweigart.  My plan is to stitch one letter per month until we reach October and then complete it during Dark October.


stitched on 40 count linen called Witch's Brew from Zweigart


Finally, it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "September Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*




*

6 comments:

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Oh so many things, and I can see a theme ready for next month.

jocondine said...

Lovely stitchings and I do love your temperature SAL but tonight I only saw on this big tree all those leaves mean that this year is near to its last quarter...

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely projects and great stitching. Your temperature tree looks lovely.

Margaret said...

Good to see a catch up post. You certainly accomplish a lot in a month!

DJ said...

What beautiful stitching! That tree is magnificent! Happy Stitching!

Katie said...

So many beautiful things. Thanks for sharing.