Translate

Friday 19 July 2024

The Start of July IHSW

 


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.


This year I am trying something different for IHSW - an A-Z Challenge!  These usually take place in April and people stitch one letter every day except Sunday.  I don't want to swap projects daily so thought I could do 2 or 3 letters per IHSW instead.

July is the turn for N and O.  I don't have an O project but I do have 2 N's so I'll be working on both of those this weekend.

The first one will be my Focus piece for the month - Nora Corbett's Capricorn, part of the Zodiac Girls series.

Here's my starting photo:

stitched on 32 count Capricorn Murano from Sparklies

The original calls for 3 skeins of Caron Waterlilies which are lovely but cost £7 each. So I've substituted them for two of the DMC 4000 series and one Classic Colorworks which look great so far.

I also managed to get a substitute for the Magnifica beads.  Create Nostalgia recommend a Delica which is a close match and send those instead.

My second N project will be the Art Nouveau Head from Craft Collection.  Here's the start photo:


stitched on 14 count white Aida

I've been trying to get a day in on this one whenever I can.

Finally, my evening project is not an N but I am loving it!  It's part of the Lunar Calendar from Circle Cross.  This is The Hare Moon for Taurus:


stitched on 28 count Robin's Egg evenweave from Silkweavers








3 comments:

butterfly said...

Lots of new starts , can't wait to see the progress .
I am playing catch up , with this year it is running away with me , hugs June.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely stitching as always, you have some great projects.

Leonore Winterer said...

Your Art Nouveau Head is getting a lot of love this year. A day here and there really adds up!