Translate

Monday 22 July 2024

July IHSW

 


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.


This year I am trying something different for IHSW - an A-Z Challenge!  These usually take place in April and people stitch one letter every day except Sunday.  I don't want to swap projects daily so thought I could do 2 or 3 letters per IHSW instead.  

July is N and O.
I didn't have an active project for O but I did have two for N.

I have been trying to fit in my Art Nouveau Head from Craft Collection as much as possible for this challenge as it is my oldest WIP now.  I stitched some more of the pink background.

stitched on 28 count White Aida

The other N was this month's focus piece from Nora Corbett, this is Capricorn, the third Zodiac Girl I have chosen to stitch.

stitched on 32 count Capricorn Murano from Sparklies

I made some nice progress on the flowers above and below her.  They are more red in real life.


In the evenings I continued with this beautiful lady - The Hare Moon for Taurus from Circle Cross.

stitched on 28 count Robin's Egg evenweave from Silkweavers

 
Next month will be P and Q.  I've got 2 P projects and one that covers both P and Q, so that's good.


Finally the next IHSW will be 16th - 18th August so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.






2 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress on all three of them, a very productive IHSW!

Shelly said...

Your stitching is looking great! Love the fabric you're using for all 3😍