Translate

Wednesday 31 July 2024

July Stitch from Stash and Pie

 It's time for Pie!



As you can see, apart from Dark 13 and IHSW when I stitched on the Art Noeveau Head for N in my Alphabet Challenge, I focused on Nora Corbett's Capricorn.  This is the third in the Zodiac Girls series I have stitched on the respective fabric from Sparklies.

This is the most heavily beaded and is going to be gorgeous!

stitched on 32 count Capricorn Murano from Sparklies

I have a pie for my evening stitching too.

I finished the 3D Haunted House at the start of the month, then switched to my WIPGO piece, Lizzie*Kate's Sampling Christmas.  This only took 10 evenings to stitch so I finished the month with The Hare Moon from Circle Cross' Lunar Calendar.

stitched on 28 count Robin's Egg evenweave from Silkweaver


Finally, over to Stitch From Stash.  I needed the beads for Capricorn.  She's heavily beaded but luckily I had 4 of the packs already and just needed to buy three of them.  I also bought the Kreinik and two different variegated red/purples to substitute for the Waterlilies.  Those 3 cost the same as one skein of Waterlilies!

Obviously, I need the Lunar Calendar which was a great deal, all 12 for £14.80 plus the borders for the medium and large sampler.  The Mill Hill beads came from someone destashing - 4 unopened packs for just £4.  

Quite a spend this month but I've had a number of Zero months so far this year.




6 comments:

Sandy said...

Gorgeous stitching. My hubby, the accountant would get a kick out of your pie chart.
Sandy's Space

jocondine said...

With all those Zodiac stitchings, you must feel one star amond the others ah ah! I have seen Kreinik references on many patterns but never see the threads. How could you explain which difference they bring to the stitching? xxx

DJ said...

Ooooh Capricorn is looking lovely! You find the prettiest fabric!!

Sandy said...

Waving hi as I make my blog rounds.
Sandy's Space

diamondc said...

Jo: Your designs you pick are so lovely, congratulations on your stitching progress.

Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

You've been very focused and on track this month, and it shows! Well done. I think your SFS spending has all been well justified this month, as well.