Translate

Sunday 8 January 2023

January WIPocalypse Introduction

   WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings


Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World. Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too.


January - Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year


Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "23 in '23" for this year.  For 2023 the list includes some older WIPs, some BAPs and some partworks as well as seasonal stitching.


This is my WIPs collage, which represents 11 of the list::



This is the full list of 23:

  1. Joan Elliott Faces SAL (1 block)
  2. Kustom Krafts Little Snapdragon
  3. Chatelaine Gardens of London
  4. Bothy Threads 12 Days of Christmas
  5. Carriage House Samplings Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow
  6. Mirabilia Fairy Idyll
  7. Hands on Designs Scary Apothecary 9
  8. CCN Halloween Village 8
  9. CCN Halloween Village 9
  10. CCN Halloween Village 10
  11. Nora Corbett Taurus
  12. Cottage Garden Samplings Year in the Woods 1
  13. Mani di Donna Halloween Stitching Basket
  14. Art Inspirate 31 Potions
  15. Nicole B Hicks Discworld Objectiva
  16. Just Nan Halloween design TBA
  17. Stitch it Picasso Temperature SAL
  18. Circle Cross Blackwork Tarot
  19. Amanda Butler House 2
  20. Amanda Butler House 3
  21. Amanda Butler House 4
  22. Amanda Butler House 5
  23. Amanda Butler House 6

And this is the New Starts collage, which again represents 11 of the list:




Then there is one which is TBA - my Dark October Just Nan focus piece.


I am also taking part in WIPGO again.  This is a FB Bingo group.  You choose 25 goals for the year and each month the Admin pick two numbers to focus on.  When you have met your goal, you tick off that block.  You can give yourself rewards for completing a row or a column.

Here's my WIPGO board:



For January the numbers 6 and 10 have been called.  You can see that Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow and Fairy Idyll share 10 squares.  The plan is to focus on H@HRH until it is done and then switch to Fairy Idyll.

The planned rotation this year will be:

Week 1 - stitch Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow / Fairy Idyll

Week 2 - stitch Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow / Fairy Idyll

Week 3 - stitch a WIPGO number or a "23 in '23" project

Week 4 - stitch a WIPGO number or a "23 in '23" project


The WIPocalypse posts are the last Sunday of each month

My other SALs are

The People's Choice - posts on the first Saturday of each month - theme in sidebar
Fully Finished Gallery - post anything fully finished on the 10th of each month
Gifted Gorgeousness - post anything gifted on the 15th
Smalls SAL - last Friday of each month


The TUSAL - post on the New Moon each month


Finally, I will be continuing with the ever popular Blog Hops this year. We will have Valentine's, Easter, the Summer Postcard, Hallowe'en and the Advent Calendar.  All at the appropriate time of the year.  I will be posting about the Secret Stitching Sweethearts for Valentine's Day very soon so watch this space.



10 comments:

jocondine said...

That's what I call organization! Impressive list which means a great year reading your blog! Happy to see that you'll offer us those great blog hops which are big events for our stitching friends band. Thanks! xxx

Leonore Winterer said...

As usual, that's a great mix of projects old and new! Excited to see what the year will bring for you.

diamondc said...

Hi Jo: I hope you complete your 23 in 2023, I am looking forward to seeing your progress.

Catherine

Maria Jesus said...

wow! a lot of work, i hope you can complete your goals!

Linda said...

Hi Jo. You are so organized. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm working on for all of my groups. I love the Amanda Butler house. Can you tell me the name of pattern and designer link please?

Linda

Katie said...

Fantastic. I will be here cheering you along.

Margaret said...

My you certainly have a lot planned for this year. All the best for steady progress to goal.

Astrids dragon said...

Every year, I don't know how you do it! Such organization and so many amazing patterns!

Carol said...

You have so many lovely new projects lined up for this year, Jo! You amaze me with how you plan so well. I just tend to pick up whatever calls my name (other than doing my one ornament each month). Looking forward to another wonderful year of creativity! ♥

Rachel said...

I love your plans for the year, combining old, new, big, small, monochrome and colourful. I wish you the best of luck in achieving as much as possible!