Translate

Sunday 15 January 2023

Gifted Gorgeousness January Link-up Post

 


Our new logo for the year is Just Nan's Tea with Honey design.  It was a Travelling Pattern gifted to the Just Nan Junkies Facebook group.

Please remember to change your badge and the link to the new page as the old link no longer works.  Don't forget to link up on the main sign-up page with your blog address.



Welcome to the January Gifted Gorgeousness link-up. The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.


Back in December I nearly finished the Fourth Day of my Bothy Threads 12 Days of Christmas, the kit was a Christmas present:


stitched on 32 count blue-grey linen


For the first fortnight in January my focus has been Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow.  The plan is to stitch this for two weeks each month until it is finished.

I finally completed Block 9:


and made a good start on Block 10:


Here is the whole design so far:

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy


I am continuing with my Dark 13 project which is Mani di Donna's Halloween Sewing Basket.  The plan for this one is to stitch it on the 13th of every month.

This month I completed the second short side and one bat for the first long side:

stitched on 32 count grey linen

Here's something that was a gift to me:


My friend knitted me the 12 Days of Christmas stockings and popped a little treat in each one.


Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "January Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*

Finally, I will be running the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop on Valentine's Day.


Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop

It's really very simple, all you have to do is email me a picture of something you have stitched which is suitable for a stitching friend on Valentine's Day. It could be a heart, or a pair of cute creatures, or the word "love" or anything which warms your heart. Really anything you think a fellow stitcher would like to receive in her email Inbox. It can be something you've stitched in the past or something you've made especially for this year. It could also be quilted or sewn this year as I know some of my followers do other crafts too.

Send me the email by 10th February.

When I have all the emails I will randomise them and send one to each participant on 13th February. Then on 14th February you must post the picture you receive onto your blog under the heading

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop

There will be a list on my blog of everyone joining in, so check out all the blogs and find out who got your picture and identify yourself in their comments as their

Secret Stitching Sweetheart


Does that make sense to everyone? I hope so!

If you'd like to be involved then leave a comment on this post or send me an email if you are "no-reply". I'll be putting little reminders up from time to time and will email on 9th February to make sure you send the pic in time.


9 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Jo: What fun to have a special design for the Facebook followers, those stocking are a hoot and so adorable.
Oh my gosh Hawk Run Hollow is so close to the finish.
Fourth Day is a very pretty design, I hope you post a photo when they are all done.

Catherine

jocondine said...

I already told you I'm a great fan of 12 DoCh patterns and this one is so special, I love how the white thread give a great finish on the birds stitching. Great job on the Halloween pattern! The Dark 13 project gave me a funny idea (as you have stitched twice the pattern) I could make a stitched card for my great child Timothé like the game of the 7 errors (easy for me to make 7 mistakes on the second pattern!). I would love to participate to the Secret Stitching Sweetheart for sure, no idea yet with which picture! xxx

Leonore Winterer said...

Looking forward to another great gifting year! These stockings you got are awesome, looks like something put a lot of work into these!
Great progress on your stitching too. I like how that mummy looks all neatly wrapped up now!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Thanks Jo for hosting another hear of GG. Yes please sign me up for the Blog Hop

DJ said...

What lovely stitching! Your Bothy 12 Days is really charming, can't wait to see more! Hawk Run is looking good...what a fun piece! Your sewing basket is coming along nicely. Those stockings your friend knitted for you are lovely, how kind of her! I'm trying to decide if I want to enter in the Sweetheart hop...I'll have to give it a good think. Thanks again for hosting GG. I love the new logo!!

butterfly said...

Oh you do stitch some beautiful designs Jo.
Have a fun week.

Beth in IL said...

Sign me up for the Secret Stitching Sweetheart. You are so close to a finish on the Hawk Run Hallow piece. You do such lovely work. How is the chart on the Sewing Basket piece? I love her designs, but have stash to last a life-time!
I forgot to include my stitching Christmas gifts in my post! Maybe next month I will remember....

Carol said...

I think your Bothy 12 Days and the Halloween at HRH are two of my favorite projects on all the blogs I'm following. Both are so different, yet so charming! And those cute little stockings your friend knit for you--just adorable! Another wonderful GG post, Jo! ♥

Astrids dragon said...

The Fourth Day has such a pretty blue colour, it looks lovely.
Look at you go, Halloween @HRH looks fantastic, plenty of time to finish before October! I still have yet to restart mine.
Your sewing basket looks good so far, I'm looking forward to seeing that put together.
The stockings are adorable, what a sweet gift to receive.