Translate

Saturday 21 January 2023

January TUSAL and Stitching Library

        

It's TUSAL time!  

Here is my TUSAL jar with my current project:

stitched on 28 count Snapdragon Jazlyn from Crafty Kitten


The design is the Faces SAL from Joan Elliott, which I started back in 2014 and have been slowly stitching ever since thanks to a decision to stitch all the skin over one...

This is a sweet block with a mother and baby fairy.




What's on my Shelf?

This is a feature I'm going to include on my TUSAL post until I run out of books! I started a Page on my Happy Dance blog for my Stitching Library and realised what a huge task it was so decided to break it down to one book per month. For the next four years...

Title: Cross Stitch Angels
Author: Various
Publisher: David & Charles
ISBN: 9780715316481

This is a compilation of six different designers, all with their own unique take on the subject of Angels.

The cover gives a good indication of the contents:


Inside we have designs from Joan Elliott:



A series of 12 Birthstones Angels from Claire Crompton:


A cute Birth Sampler from Sue Cook:


A Wedding Sampler from Lesley Teare


As well as some sweet little Alphabet Angels/Fairies:


Household Angels from Helen Philipps, who wouldn't want one of these in real life?


Christmas Angels from Maria Diaz, including a cake band:



A pretty versatile selection there.  I love the little cherub on the front cover carrying a pile of books myself!


Finally, I will be running the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop on Valentine's Day.


Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop

It's really very simple, all you have to do is email me a picture of something you have stitched which is suitable for a stitching friend on Valentine's Day. It could be a heart, or a pair of cute creatures, or the word "love" or anything which warms your heart. Really anything you think a fellow stitcher would like to receive in her email Inbox. It can be something you've stitched in the past or something you've made especially for this year. It could also be quilted or sewn this year as I know some of my followers do other crafts too.

Send me the email by 10th February.

When I have all the emails I will randomise them and send one to each participant on 13th February. Then on 14th February you must post the picture you receive onto your blog under the heading

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop

There will be a list on my blog of everyone joining in, so check out all the blogs and find out who got your picture and identify yourself in their comments as their

Secret Stitching Sweetheart


Does that make sense to everyone? I hope so!

If you'd like to be involved then leave a comment on this post or send me an email if you are "no-reply". I'll be putting little reminders up from time to time and will email on 9th February to make sure you send the pic in time.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Love seeing progress on the Faces SAL. So delicate and beautiful.

Leonore Winterer said...

How fitting to show your faces SAL together with a book containing some JE patterns!

Astrids dragon said...

An oldie, but a goodie! I have always liked this one and it's nice to see you working on it.
What a sweet book, I like the little angel with the letter A!