Translate

Friday 25 February 2022

February Smalls

 

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Mary's Thread

This year my Smalls will be the Jardin Prive 12 Days of Christmas which I started on Boxing Day 2021 for the 12 Days of Stitchmas.


stitched on 32 count Millenium Blue Linen


Because this year is going to be a Year of Focus, I won't really have a lot of Smalls to share so I'm including my Tiny Modernist Greenhouse:

stitched on 28 count grey-blue evenweave

I've completed the browns, reds and pinks of the pots so now I can work on growing some plants.

This will be my bath-time stitch until it is finished.  Regular followers know all about bath-time stitching as we've talked about it a lot over the years.  New readers will be left wondering exactly how I stitch at bath-time LOL


Finally, the No New Starts FB Group have quite a generous measure of what makes a "Small" and my current Just Nan Band Sampler fits their definition at 114 x 60 stitches (anything where (H+W)/2 is less than 100 is a Small).  So here is Week 4, Band 4 almost complete:

Just Nan - Lily Pond

stitched on 32 count Pale Green linen









12 comments:

Carol said...

That blue fabric is especially pretty for your 12 Days stitching, Jo! Hope you are having a relaxing weekend ♥

Vickie said...

Those doves look stunning on that blue Jo!

Cathy said...

I really like your 12 Days project. The blue is perfect with those colors. Is the greenhouse a 3-D design?

Mary said...

I love Lily Pond by Just Nan. The green fabric makes the colors really pop. I am looking forward to seeing more of Tiny Modernist Greenhouse.

BeingBored89 said...

These are all very pretty. I was going to ask the same thing as Cathy! Will the greenhouse be finished as a 3D piece? If so, that will be awesome!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I enjoy seeing each of the 12 Days on this blue. It makes them look so different.

Barb said...

Another wonderful 12 Days!!! You are going to have quite an amazing collection!

Elfie said...

Jo, I always love your projects, and your beautiful fabrics. These Smalls are all gorgeous.

Katie said...

Gorgeous work. LOL Now I am picturing you stitching while taking a bath haha. Don't splash too much.

Mary's Thread said...

Thank you for joining the SAL Jo! It looks like you continue to make good progress on everything. If I were new, I would think, "Bathtime stitching. Now THAT's dedication to your craft!"

Leonore Winterer said...

Your 12 Days designs are so pretty this year, love the contrast of the red on the blue, and love seeing that greenhouse grow!

Rachel said...

Lovely smalls! It's fun watching the greenhouse grow colour by colour, and Lily Pond is gorgeous!
I class a small as being about 40x40 or which takes under 10 hours to stitch. But if a stitcher is used to doing BAPs, then even 150x150 would be a small! :)