Translate

Sunday 30 January 2022

January WIPocalypse Stitching Style

   WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings


Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "22 in '22" for this year.  This month I stitched on 4 of them:
   
5. Carriage House Samplings Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow



6. Mirabilia Fairy Idyll



8. Just Nan Christmas Elegance

ready for beading!




17. Jardin Prive 12 Days of Christmas




Finally, Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too.

January - Describe your stitching style – are you a one-at-a-time stitcher? Do you stitch on rotation? Are you a chaos wrangler? Are you comfortable in your current stitching style, or are you still searching for that stitching zen?

I used to be a one-at-a-time stitcher but now I stitch on a rotation because it gives me a chance to stitch different designers and styles depending on mood and time of year.  It also means I can take part in more challenges and SALs too.  I do like having a focus piece for half of the month as I can really see the progress on the project.  This year it will Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow.

I have decided not to start new pieces without a definite plan as to how they will fit into the rotation.  I can see from my WIP list there are a number of older pieces I dived into starting without thinking about how I would fit them into the time I have.

The plan is to chose one each year and work on it until it is finished.  This year the choice is Little Snapdragon.  I may finish it this year, if not then I'll keep going next year until it is done.  Then choose another oldie.





4 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything! Have a fantastic February.

OhSewCrafty said...

Gorgeous progress! You've done a lot on HRH and Fairy Idyll is gorgeous... I'm thinking of starting her this month for the Semisane BAP event.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I wish I had some of your discipline to work on a variety of projects at once and I had so many I would like to complete before the end of the world.
Your approach works well for you.

Leonore Winterer said...

A lot of designs getting attention this year! Has your stitching style changed in any way as you went from 11 to 22 'designated' projects a year? How long do you think you can keep up with the year?