Translate

Friday 28 January 2022

January Smalls

  

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Mary's Thread

This year my Smalls will be the Jardin Prive 12 Days of Christmas which I started on Boxing Day 2021 for the 12 Days of Stitchmas.

Here are the 12 starts:




And the First Day completed:

stitched on 32 count Millenium Blue Linen


Because this year is going to be a Year of Focus, I won't really have a lot of Smalls to share but I did manage a few stitches on my Tiny Modernist Greenhouse:

stitched on 28 count grey-blue evenweave

I've nearly completed the final wall and then I have another gable end to stitch the framework.  After that I will go colour-by-colour for all the sides.  This will be my bath-time stitch until it is finished.


Finally, I will be running the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop on Valentine's Day.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop


It's really very simple, all you have to do is email me a picture of something you have stitched which is suitable for a stitching friend on Valentine's Day.  It could be a heart, or a pair of cute creatures, or the word "love" or anything which warms your heart.  Really anything you think a fellow stitcher would like to receive in her email Inbox.  It can be something you've stitched in the past or something you've made especially for this year.  It could also be quilted or sewn this year as I know some of my followers do other crafts too.

Send me the email by 10th February.

When I have all the emails I will randomise them and send one to each participant on 13th February. Then on 14th February you must post the picture you receive onto your blog under the heading

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop

There will be a list on my blog of everyone joining in, so check out all the blogs and find out who got your picture and identify yourself in their comments as their

Secret Stitching Sweetheart


Does that make sense to everyone? I hope so!

If you'd like to be involved then leave a comment on this post or send me an email if you are "no-reply". I'll be putting little reminders up from time to time and will email on 9th February to make sure you send the pic in time.








13 comments:

Mary said...

The red bird on the blue fabric really shows off the pretty bird and stitching. Love the linen of your bath project, I swear you are the most organized stitcher ever!!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The Jardin Prive design looks so different on your blue fabric Jo.

Vickie said...

Jardin Prive 12 Days of Christmas really pops on that blue fabric Jo!

Cathy said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the 12 Days stitch.

Astrids dragon said...

Nice start on your 12 Days, the fabric looks great with the colours.
I had to look up what the greenhouse will look like, so adorable! I'm looking forward to see this one come together.

Rachel said...

Another lovely series of Christmas smalls to look forward to each month. On the blue fabric they look so different to other sets I have seen. :)

Shelly said...

Nice start on the Jardin Prive piece. I'm intrigued by the Tiny Modernist Greenhouse. Are there different flowers in each empty space? It'll be pretty I'm sure. Can't wait for the Valentine blog hop; I better hurry and finish my project for it.

Felicia said...

Would love to join in!

Barb said...

That linen is a beautiful color!

Katie said...

Beautiful stitching. Love the pops of color on the dark fabric. The white framework is delicate and beautiful.

Beth in IL said...

I like the grid work you have done one the Tiny Modernist Design. It will be fun to watch it grow.

Mary's Thread said...

Thanks for joining the SAL fun again this year! It looks like you have your work cut out for you as always! I look forward to watching everything progress through the year! Will this 12 days series be ornaments?

Leonore Winterer said...

I love that greenhouse, it's really cool!