Translate

Monday 24 January 2022

January IHSW

 


IHSW or International Hermit and Stitch Weekend always starts on the third Friday of the month.  It's a chance to lock yourself away and focus on your stitching for the weekend.  You can take part on your blog or via the Facebook page - IHSW on Facebook.

I worked on Friday but took my Just Nan sampler with me and managed a little bit in my lunch break and some more at bath-time in the evening:

Just Nan - Christmas Elegance

stitched on 28 count off-white evenweave

The white Perle will show up much better when I add the metallic and the beads.


On Saturday and Sunday I continued to work on Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow by Carriage House Samplings.  

This is the start photo for Saturday morning:


Start of Sunday:


End of Sunday

stitched over 1 on 25 count Cassia Rose evenweave from Chromatic Alchemy

I've stitched for seven days on this block and I'm not quite halfway done.  I think it will take a little more than two weeks per block as some are more fully covered than others.


Finally the next IHSW will be 18th - 20th February so make sure you note the date in your diary or come and join us in the Facebook Group - IHSW on Facebook. If you don't do Facebook then you can check in here by leaving a comment on my post.



11 comments:

butterfly said...

This is looking interesting .
Love the fabric.

diamondc said...

Jo: Nice progress on Just Nan design.
You have made great progress on your Halloween design.
I hope you have a very stitch filled day.

Catherine

Rachel said...

Love the spooky tree, its expression almost makes it looks like it's scaring itself! :)

Mary said...

Elegance to scary, love your broad range of stitching!! I just applied for the facebook page.

Carol said...

Two very different themes, but both are looking wonderful, Jo! Hope you are staying warm and safe! ♥

Sarah Beth’s Stitching said...

Awesome stitching

Shelly said...

Nice stitching! Love the spooky tree! Halloween at Hawk Run is definitely something I'd like to stitch:))

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Two terrific projects. It's good to see your progress updates.

Astrids dragon said...

Look at you, great progress on HHRH, I love that you can see the face on the tree!
I love how it looks over 25, I might have to look into that.

Katie said...

Beautiful progress on both pieces.

Leonore Winterer said...

You made some great progress on your HRH design! I hope you'll be able to make lots of progress during the year.