Translate

Sunday 25 October 2020

October WIPocalypse What to Stitch Next?

  WIPocalypse

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings

Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.

Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "20 in '20" for this year.  This month I only stitched on 1 of them but I did have a finish!

October was always going to be a weak month for WIPocalypse because it's Dark October where I focus on my Spooky stitching.

Only one piece was on my 20 in '20 list and that was Just Nan's Autumn Mouse Scissor Roll.  I showed the piece rolled up and unrolled before, so here are a couple of close-up photos:

stitched on 32 count Vintage Country Mocha linen

I love each of the little scenes with the cute mice running around.

This photo shows the part which ends up inside the roll.
The phrase says
"Where pumpkins hide, scissors slide"
because the panel at the end becomes the scissor pocket.



The rest of the projects I have been stitching are not on my WIPocalypse list, but it's OK, they are still keeping the End of the World at bay!

The first one is Just Nan's Scream House.  I decided to stitch the internal walls first.  This is Netty Nightshade who is directing the decorating with her faithful cats at her side and her pet spider in her hand.

stitched on 28 count Wood Violet linen from Permin

The fabric is actually this colour:


At bathtime I have been stitching this little small on a scrap of fabric. This is Happy Halloween by StitchyFish Designs:

stitched over one on 28 count linen from a Crafty Kitten grab bag

This is a freebie I have been stitching whenever I have five minutes spare!  The title is  Bubbles of Happiness from Lin Pulsion:

stitched over 1 on 25 count white evenweave

I only have 6 more bubbles and I am caught up.  Then it's just one bubble per week which will be easy.


Measi always gives us a topic to discuss:

October – How do you choose what you’re going to stitch on next?

As most people know, I have my rotation which I set at the start of the year to make sure I stitch on my WIPocalypse projects.  This year it has been:

12 Days of Christmas
Scary Apothecary
Alice in Wonderland
Discworld
Project chosen by Tiny Decisions app

Except for Joan Elliott July and Dark October!

One of the things I decided back in 2015 was that I was going to stitch more gifted designs which was the start of the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL.  I was being given so many nice charts that I wanted to make them a priority  When I am planning my WIPocalypse lists I do give precedence to charts which have been a gift to me.

I also try not to have more than one design from each designer, with the exception of Just Nan!  I have been determined to stitch more of the chart collection I have so I have been choosing a different sampler every two months.  The lovely Leonore and I stitched Morning Meadow in the summer and we are about to stitch Snowfire Christmas starting in November.  If anyone would like to join us, please let me know!

I also work through my Just Nan Smalls that I stitch for Maynia, stitching on one until it is finished.

In between that, I see what is calling.  When the Just Cross Stitch Halloween Ornament Special arrived this year there were a lot of designs I really liked in it so I decided to stitch a few of them this October.

Making plans is fun, but sometimes you have to go off plan and stitch what you want!




Finally, last chance to sign up for the Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop.  I am sure you all know how it works but for those who need a reminder - here's a link to last year's


If you want to take part, just leave a comment here or email me if you are a "no reply" person.  I need an email address for you to take part in this hop.
 

14 comments:

An Arizona Stitcher I said...

Love everything you're stitching! That scissor roll is the cutest thing with the mice frolicking. I recently bought the newest JCS Halloween issue and I have to say it's been their best one, IMHO. I want to stitch at least 21 of the patterns in that issue! I wish I could take part in the Halloween blog hop but well, you know of my recent difficulties with my blog! Ugh. Have fun!

Barb said...

Lovely stitching! The way you choose what to stitch was so interesting!

gracie said...

Your projects are always interesting and beautifully stitched.

Rachel said...

Lovely gifts! I especially like your rainbow take on the Bubbles, and the ghosts inside the house are so cute! :)

Sheryl said...

Very varied projects Jo, I love the gorgeous scissor roll with a million colour changes :-)

jocondine said...

What a lovely scissors roll, nice autumn colors. www

Rahenna said...

I LOVE the scissor roll. It's so adorable and your stitching is perfect! :)

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A scissor roll sounds small but there is alot of detail in this one. Surprisingly, I don't have Snowfire Christmas in Just Nan stash; otherwise I would have joined you and Leonore in stitching this. To be honest though, I have plenty of other Just Nan Christmas designs that I've not started yet :)

Carol said...

I always admire your Just Nan Stitching, Jo! I rarely stitch her, but did just do a Christmas ornament. The metallic thread almost did me in :) Interesting to read about how you decide what to stitch. I am a monogamous stitcher (well, most of the time!), so I pretty much stitch whatever strikes my fancy :) Enjoy this last bit of October ♥

Bethan said...

Ooo the bubbles of happiness are so lovely - pretty designs and nice colours x

TimeforTea said...

Love discworld and the bubbles of happiness pattern. :)

Leonore Winterer said...

Great post and great stitching! I love those little mice, and your other (dark and not so dark) projects are coming along nicely, too.
I guess for you the question should have been more like 'How do you choose what to put into your rotation each year?' Looking forward to reading everyone's answers this month, it's an interesting one. And looking forward to our Snowfire SAL, of course!

Astrids dragon said...

I love the faithful cats and pet spider!
The bubbles look great, so colourful.

Katie said...

Gorgeous work on everything. I agree on the just stitch plan. I'm going to do that next year. That's my plan haha.