Translate

Friday 30 October 2020

October Smalls

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Mary's Thread


Usually, I use the JBW 12 Days of Christmas for my Smalls, but this is October and that means only one thing:


I have a number of spooky smalls, mostly from this year's Just Cross Stitch Halloween Ornament Special.

Mosaic Halloween by Twisted Willow Design
Stitched on 32 count Platinum linen


Autumn Mouse Scissor Roll by Just Nan
stitched on 32 count Cognac linen and 32 count Vintage Country Mocha

Framed Fright by Barefoot Needleart
stitched over 1 on 28 count Moondust evenweave from Crafty Kitten

Happy Halloween by StitchyFish
stitched over 1 on 28 count linen from a Crafty Kitten grab bag

I have left this photo uncropped so you can see the narrowness of this scrap of fabric!  It was just too good to throw away.  The original design had a bat but I decided this was enough, it will make a nice header for a scrapbook page.

I used the same Victoria Motto Sampler Violet Grey for the letters and 310 for the spider and webs.

And now, something not spooky at all, some little Bubbles of Happiness from Lin Pulsion:

stitched over 1 on 25 count white evenweave


Finally, the annual Trick or Treat Hallowe'en Blog Hop starts tomorrow!  My post will go up in the morning (GMT) and the participants will be posting throughout the day depending on their time zone.  So remember to check back if a blog hasn't posted to start with.












11 comments:

Pamela said...

I like them all, especially the autumn mouse!

gracie said...

Happy Halloween! Love your projects.

Bronny (my other me) said...

I had a bit of a look and couldn't see the Stitchy Fish design, but I like that you've worked on something so small. Gives me hope that one day I too will use up the little scraps of evenweave that are too pretty to throw away.
I will keep an eye out for your blog-hop too.
You really have a lot of WIP's and it's great to see them flourish.

Rachel said...

Great Smalls! I love Framed Fright and the Happy Halloween logo (sans spider!) It's amazing what can be done with small pieces of fabric. :)

butterfly said...

Great stitching once again Jo
The mouse is just wonderful.
Happy Halloween .

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Using small bits is a delight, if occasionally a bit nerve wracking ! That piece certainly needed using it is very impressive.

FlashinScissors said...

Great smalls Jo! I especially love Autumn Mouse!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

OK this comment is my guess at the phrase:
Come, sit a spell

I feel privileged to have been entrusted with the punctuation :)

Elfie said...

Your little mouse is so sweet. Lovely Smalls again this month.

Katie said...

Love them all but that Happy Halloween is just adorable!!

Leonore Winterer said...

Great selection of spooky smalls! I love how you make use of all the small scraps of leftover fabric - nothing wasted!