Translate

Saturday 31 October 2020

October Stitch From Stash and Pie

 Anyone want a slice of pumpkin pie?


Only my focus pieces show on my pie, not my daily stitch or my bathtime stitching, that's just too complicated!

So the first 4 days were spent stitching and making my little Autumn Mouse from Just Nan and then I spent 14 days making the Scissor Roll to go with it.



Then I moved on to Just Nan's Scream House.  I knew I would not be able to finish this one.  There are 4 internal walls, 4 external walls, 8 roof pieces and 2 floor pieces.  But I was aiming for at least 3 walls.  I managed to stitch all 4 internal walls which I was very pleased with:

stitched on 28 count Wild Violet linen

Next to Netty, we have Boolah and Foolah who will have a little scissor pouch between them, made from wool felt.

The left hand wall will have a wool felt triangle added to make a witch's hat to hold needles.  On the right we have Bootiful the ghost with a lovely garland ready to decorate the house.


Every wall was a delight to stitch and I really enjoyed them.  I am thinking of making this a Dark 13 Project and stitching on it for the 13th of every month from now on.  I don't want to wait until next October to pick it up again.

Stitch from Stash was a bit of a bust this month!  I had ordered the new Just Nan Owls of October II and Pansy Mix to spend the remainder of my Birthday money on and decided to pay a personal visit to the shop to collect it.  Bad idea for the wallet LOL.  

As soon as we got there, she said "I've got your Just Nan charts but I also got an extra copy of this.  No pressure to buy it though".

"This" was Halloween Days Sewing Basket by Mani di Donna:


Because that is just what I need for my spooky displays!  The chartpack comes with the handle  and the bat charm so it just fell into my basket.

October
JN Owls of October     £21.99
JN Pansy Mix                £ 8.99
Mani di Donna chart     £21.99
Wild Violet Linen         £ 8.47
Kreinik 027                   £ 4.99
JN 2 charts                    £ 3.98
JN Spooky Spirits         £23.10
Total                             £93.51

The linen I needed for Scream House and the Kreinik for Beware.  The 2 Just Nan charts were eBay bargains and the Spooky Spirits?  An older chart I happened to find in an online Needlework shop, Create Nostalgia.

Luckily I have almost enough credit from previous no-spend months so I am only minus £6 at the moment with two months to go.

Finally, here are some photos of my Spooky Stitching for Halloween.  I have a few larger samplers on the walls but this is the main area, a corner of my living room:












9 comments:

Mary's Thread said...

Your Just Nan needle roll is perfect. You did a great job on it! I can't wait to see your Mani di Donna basket. Perfect for you! She is a great designer! I think it will be so fun for you to stitch and will complement your other Halloween things so well!!

Rachel said...

What a perfect find by your LNS - she obviously knows you well!
Congratulations on a very successful Dark October. I like the idea of you carrying on with Scream House on 13th of each month or, seeing as Halloween fell on a full moon, how about on each full moon? That way you'd get to stitch on it 13 instead of 12 times during the year! ;)

Beth in IL said...

I have been resisting the JN mice and Owls. I need to finish some of my larger projects. But when I see yours.....And that basket! Love it. Bravo on your self-control at the shop. ;)

Barb said...

Love the roll! That sewing basket is so cute!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Love your Halloween stitching. The Halloween Basket design is brilliant and it will be perfect for holding some of your Halloween stitching when completed.

Katie said...

Fantastic post. So many beautiful things. Lovely your display. Just perfect. The new basket project is fantastic.

DJ said...

Oh my goodness you do love Halloween don't you? Such beautiful stitching! What fun they all are, especially the Just Nan pieces. I have so many in my stash, I should pick one and get moving! You are my inspiration!

Bethan said...

Carrying on with Scream House every month seems like an excellent plan! It's so hard to put down some projects at times, especially when enjoying them so much!

Leonore Winterer said...

You really do love your Halloween stitching, and I can see why, it's all so pretty! Love all your Dark October stitching and that basket will be more than perfect as an addition to your spooky corner.