Translate

Monday 10 February 2020

Finally Fully Finishing Fun for February

FFG SAL - 10th of each month
Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher

This SAL is designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed.  We will all be linking up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month).

I did my very best to not leave things to the last moment this month.  I had some framing to do which needs a little bit of time and space.

The first one is Cast Your Spell by Stacy Nash, finished in October 2017:


The second one is Smiling Jack O'Lanterns by JBW, finished in October 2018


This is actually a plastic frame.  The fabric was a little bit too short so I trimmed it with some scrapbook paper offcuts.


I also finished a project, Just Nan's Christmas Memories Ornament:

stitched on 28 count Platinum Cashel linen


I've finished this as a pillow ornament but I am thinking of adding some ruched ribbon trim to co-ordinate with the twisted ribbon stitched around the edge.  I have never done a ruched ribbon trim so we shall see how successful that was next time!


One of my favourite backing fabrics:




Finally, today is the deadline for the Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.  I will be emailing the photos out with further instructions on the 12th or 13th February so watch your Inbox for my email.  I have already received a bumper crop of hearts through my Inbox so it's going to be a good hop this year.




29 comments:

Vickie said...

The Christmas Memories ornament is just darling!

Rhona said...

Great job with the finishing! Love that holly fabric, it's perfect for little ornaments.

Cathy said...

I really enjoyed seeing these finishes! Each one is gorgeous!

Cathy said...

Nice finishes! The Just Nan is my favorite though.

DJ said...

My...what lovely finishes you have! I especially love the frame at the top!! Your stitching is always so lovely!! My favorite is the Just Nan piece, so beautifully finished, and the backing material is perfect! I'm waiting with baited breath to see your ruched ribbon trim!!

Katie said...

Fantastic finishes! Everything looks great. I agree with you on the backing fabric. Beautiful indeed.

Barb said...

Both sides of the little pillow are lovely. The framed pieces look great too. You are doing a good job of getting things finished.

RJ said...

Love how you framed your stitches Jo. Great idea to add the paper trim to fill in the frame. Ruching is work but really looks pretty. I think it will look fantastic on your beautiful Just Nan stitch. Looking forward to the Valentine Hop. Have a great week. RJ

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great framing, I have used paper and ribbon before to fill a frame. Lovely pillow ornament, that backing fabric is very pretty.

butterfly said...

Wonderful finishing .

Rachel said...

Thanks for participating again this month. I had to giggle at the size of the Cast Your Spells frame compared to the size of the stitching but it really works (perhaps because it's Halloween and the black frame is so expressive?) As for your Just Nan, could a little ornie get any cuter? The little gingerbread mean are adorable! :)

Kay said...

I really like the Just Nan Christmas design, very sweet. I haven't tried a rushed ribbon either, good luck. x

Suzanne H said...

I think it was so smart to add the paper to your Smiling Jack O'Lanterns. It's a perfect addition. The stitching is so fine on your Just Nan ornament. it delightful. I would stitch those tiny angels again and again. Lovely work.

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the lovely finishes Jo.

Linda

Chris said...

What amazing stitching and beautifully finished.

Julie said...

Stunning frame for Cast Your Spell and doesn't Jack O lantern look superb too.

Kaisievic said...

Great finishes, Jo and the Just Nan piece is my favourite, I think. Lovely backing fabric.

gracie said...

Congratulations on all the finishes. I look forward to receiving my Valentine!

Tiffstitch said...

I love that ornate frame on "spell" and good luck with the ruched ribbon, that will look really neat when you get it just right.

Shelly said...

Great finishes, Jo! The ornate frame is super nice with spells.

Beth in IL said...

Great job finishing. I love the little pillow

Kate said...

Nice finishing. ^^

Needles Everywhere said...

What beautiful finishes you have.....and the stitching is lovely

Christine said...

Great finishing. I love the frame on the first one

FlashinScissors said...

Beautiful finishes, Jo!
I love that frame on the first, and can't wait to see how the ruching turns out.
Hugs,
Barbara xxx

Ann C. said...

The ornate frame works so well with the Cast a Spell design. I love the fabric you chose for the Just Nan Christmas pillow.

Bethan said...

Wonderful finishing - the cushion is lovely x

Leonore Winterer said...

Great finishing! I also have a Halloween FFO this month (once I get around to posting), there must be something in the air.
Is that the infamous 90-minutes-of-attaching-ribbon pillow?

Astrids dragon said...

All lovely finishes, I think I like the pillow ornament the best... although, Halloween!