Translate

Saturday 15 February 2020

February Gifted Gorgeousness Link-up Post



Welcome to the February Gifted Gorgeousness link-up.  The link-up date continues to be the 15th and I will keep the link-up open until the end of each month so you have plenty of time if you are late posting.

The format remains exactly the same, there is a list of rules on the main sign-up page if you want to check what is required but basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.

We do have a nice new logo and a new sign-up page - remember to add your blog here as well as at the bottom of this post for your February post.  If you have the link in your sidebar on your own blog, don't forget to update it to the new sign-up page.


My main project for Gifted Gorgeousness has been my Discworld Mappe by Lyndisfarne Designs, which will be a gift for my son.  This is where it was at the end of January:


And this is the portion I have been working on in February:


I have stitched on this for 10 days so far this month.  Once I complete two more columns of the dark gold and the backstitch for the area I will have reached my goal for February.  I think I'll go up a page and complete the backstitch there too.  Then I'll be ready to move to the right in March.

And the whole piece at the moment:
stitched on 32 count Murano custom-dyed by Sparklies


I finished my Just Nan Christmas Friends project, the chart was a gift from Mouse:

stitched on 28 count beige evenweave

The current Just Nan small was also a gift, but I'm not sure who it was from.  There is a little Post-it note which just says "Enjoy!".  So Thank You Mystery Person for the gift of Crystal Heart.

stitched on 32 count Lavender Murano

Gathering Eggs by Nora Corbett was a gift from Carol, I got four days on her at the end of January:

stitched on 35 count Vintage Country Mocha Linen

The final gifted project for this month is the 12 Days of Christmas by JBW.  Two of my friends bought two charts each for my Christmas present.  I started one design per day for the 12 Days of Stitchmas and have completed the Second Day: 

stitched on 40 count white linen, 1 over 2

Now it is your turn to show us your Gifted Gorgeousness for the month.  Please use your name or your blog name in the field and NOT the words "February Update" so I can easily see who has linked up this month.  And link to the actual post, not just your blog.  It is easier if you copy and paste the link, rather than typing freehand.

*

*

Edit to add - Mini is having a giveaway this month - Miniz Diary

Finally, the Valentine's Day Blog Hop was a great success.  We had 25 participants.  I think this was the most we have ever had!  Poor old Shelly in Arizona had a computer issue and posted late but everyone else got their posts up on the day.  If your Sweetheart hasn't revealed herself by the end of Sunday, let me know and I'll let you into the Secret!

In the meantime, here are all the Valentine's together:











21 comments:

Elfie said...

Your Mappe is amazing. All your projects are lovely. Thanks for the puc of all the Valentines - they look great together.

gracie said...

Thank you for organizing these blog hope. They are great fun.

Linda said...

Awesome progress on the Mappe Jo. Cute finish.

Linda

DJ said...

Wow!! Your Discworld Mappe is coming along nicely! You sure got a lot done since the last posting! All that backstitching would drive me crazy...but it sure makes the piece pop! The Just Nan piece is lovely too! I love the sentiment on it. Gathering eggs is so beautiful, I may have to go searching for that pattern! I've enjoyed watching your 12 days grow, I love how small and cute they are. Thanks again for the Valentine's Blog hop, it was fun visiting everyone's page. Now I'm off to visit GG pages!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great work on your Discworld Mappe, it's a stunning piece. Thank you for hosting the Valentine's Blog Hop what a lovely collection of hearts

Katie said...

Another wonderful blog hop. So glad to see so many new participants this time too. Love all the pieces! Wow you have made so much progress on the mappe. Great job!!! Love all your other pieces too of course.

Christine said...

Great stitching and the blog hop was fabulous

Tiffstitch said...

Excellent progress on the Mappe, it's really coming along. Hopefully you don't have too much solid stitching left to do on that portion.

Beth in IL said...

Thanks for hosting all these SALs and hops. It is always fun to see everyone's work. And you got a lot of stitching on gifts this month.

Mia said...

Awesome creations from everyone. A great blog hop, Jo. Thank you for organising it.
And I lllllove your map!!!!!! Hugs, my friend.

Mary said...

You are making great progress on the Mappe!! Just look at all those wonderful Valentines! Thank you so much for hosting this Jo.

RJ said...

Fantastic progress on your Mappe Jo. It is looking so great. All of your others stitches are looking so pretty too. The hop was really alot of fun. Thank you for letting me participate. RJ@stitchingfriends

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

You are so disciplined working on so many projects.
I love the collected photos from these year's Valentine blog hop. There was a lot of variety in the designs and plenty of beautiful stitching. Thank you for organising it.

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Sir Terry would be most impressed with your progress on the Map. The sweetheart montage is very nice too.

Carol said...

Such a cute JN finish, Jo! And I love watching Gathering Eggs grow--it's colors are so beautiful. Lots of love going around in your blog hop! ♥

Mini said...

Amazing progress on Discworld mappe and I really like the Just nan finish.
I'm holding a small giveaway on my blog for GG this month. Please spread the word.

Kaisievic said...

The Discworld mappe is looking so amazing, Jo and lots of other lovely GG projects.

Rhona said...

WOW....the mappe is looking amazing!

Julie said...

Lovely collection of hearts in the blog hop.
I've really enjoyed watching Discoworld grow each month. It's going to be the most wonderful gift for your son.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress this month! Your map is growing so nicely.

The blog hop was a ton of fun this year :) I love how there are more and more of us with every hop!

Rachel said...

It's lovely to see there's no slowing down of Gifted Gorgeousness. Cross stitchers really are a lovely bunch of people. :)