Translate

Friday 27 September 2019

September Smalls SAL

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Mary's Thread

For this SAL I should be showing the monthly project for the Christmas Ornie Blog. Unfortunately I haven't quite finished it yet!



I did complete the second Word in the Jessica Savage series from Cross Stitcher magazine.  This one is Accept from issue

stitched over 1 on 25 count blue evenweave

I finished another Just Nan small - Butterfly Welcome:

stitched on 28 count Colonial Blue evenweave


I will try get that one FFO'd for Rachel's SAL on the 10th October

The next Just Nan in line was a Christmas one - Christmas Friends:

stitched on 28 count beige evenweave

I did a little bit more on that and then felt the need for a new start!  This is one from my "19 in '19" list - Nora Corbett's 25th Anniversary Cameo:

stitched on random 28 count hand-dyed evenweave

That seems to be the lot for Smalls this month.  

Finally, I have already stitched my 14 days for my Discworld Mappe but I'm going to carry on with it for the last 3 days of the month as I won't be stitching it next month.  Why not?  Because it's Dark October!  Michelle Cozyegg and her friend Emily Eclectic Possessions started this a few years back.  The idea is that you stitch dark and spooky stuff all October.  Last year I used the Tiny Decisions App to choose my project for each day and stitched 6 different designs with 3 finishes.  This year I plan to focus on Nora Corbett's Raven and my Enchanted Alphabet conversion.  Add in a daily stitch on Primitive Needle's Mystic Sampler and maybe a Just Nan Mouse or two.  If you're on Facebook I have added a daily event to the Hallowe'en Cross Stitching group - 











9 comments:

Mary's Thread said...

Very nice! The Just Nan Butterflies are so pretty on the blue fabric! Thanks for joining the SAL!

diamondc said...

Jo: Love all your stitching, the Cameo is looking lovely, I am looking forward to seeing the finished item.

Catherine

Mary said...

Very pretty finishes. I always love your Just Nan projects.

Rachel said...

Great smalls with beautiful colours. They must feel so tiny to work on after the Discworld Mappe. Your Christmas ornie... methinks 'tis a Dragon Dreams? :)

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the cute finishes Jo.

Linda

Astrids dragon said...

I spy a dragon, you need to finish it!
And three sweet finishes, I really like Welcome.

Katie said...

Fantastic work on everything! I spotted the dragon too that Astrid spoke about. Can't wait to see what all you accomplish in October.

Leonore Winterer said...

The butterflies are gorgeous, and I really like what I can see of your ornament so far! Dark October will be a lot of fun I'm sure, you have so many great Halloween projects :)

Christine said...

Ooh, I like those JN butterflies