Translate

Sunday 25 August 2019

August WIPocalypse Bucket List

WIPocalypse
WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings

Each month we have to share the projects we want to complete before the End Of The World.  

Since 2011 I have chosen a number of projects to focus on that year, starting with my "11 in '11" and increasing to "19 in '19" for this year.  You can find the full list here.

This month I stitched on three of my list:

1. Discworld Mappe by Lyndisfarne Designs


stitched on 32 count Murano custom-dyed by Sparklies

2. . My Lovely Sewing Tools by Marie Suarez

stitched on 40 count White linen

3. Summer Night by Just Nan 

stitched on 28 count Jobelan in Dragon Shades from Polstitches


Measi always gives us a topic to discuss too.

August - What do you have on your stitching bucket list? (for example, specific projects, designers, fibers, etc)

I think the key word here is "more".  I want to stitch more of everything!  All my Just Nan samplers, more 3D designs, a Hallowe'en Village, a load of Mirabilia and Nora Corbetts, more Brooke's Books witches and cakes, finish every series I have started.  You get the idea?

This is one of the cute 3D designs on my Bucket List:


Isn't it cute?  There is a whole Christmas Village.

Ellie Jenks also has a whole village called Brightsea Village, complete with Haunted House:


Or maybe I want to furnish a Doll's House?



I would like to go on another retreat but unless someone organises one in my home town, that's unlikely!

Finally:


All the postcards except one have been sent out in the Summer Postcard Blog Hop.  I am saving that one in case I get a last minute entry!












12 comments:

Linda said...

More great progress Jo. I love the book shop and looked at the other designs. Could these be stitched and just framed or do they have to be made up like she shows?

Linda

Pamela said...

Great bucket list! I am working on a Janet Granger miniature rug. The three projects you are working on this month are progressing nicely. The Just Nan piece is really pretty.

Tiffstitch said...

Great progress on all of these, love seeing the list!

butterfly said...

Your stitching is looking wonderful .
Love the bucket list too.

Rachel said...

Oh dear, you shouldn't have linked to Living On The Rainbow - the Christmas series is gorgeous and so different. I can see why they are on your Bucket List.
Great progress with WIPocalypse too. Slowly but surely... :)

Christine said...

Great progress on the big projects.
That little book shop is adorable, and so "you"

RJ said...

Wonderful progress on all of your lovely stitches Jo. I really like the one with the needlework items. That is so up my alley. Discmap is so amazing and it keeps growing wonderfully. And I always love your Just Nan stitches. Those little villages are fabulous...love them. What a lovely post to read today. I've been gone this last week at a reunion with our six best friends from college. So today I'm catching up with all my blogging buddies. Hope your week is going well. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Katie said...

I have the same idea. Just keep stitching. Love the 3D pieces. I remember the lighthouse you shared with me. Oh to have time to do everything calling my name.

Barb said...

A great bucket list. I do love that little haunted house! I have never stitched a 3-D project.

Leonore Winterer said...

Great progress, the sewing tools look so close to being finished. I think I'd really like to stitch on of these 3D thingies as well!

Bethan said...

Great bucket list! I am in love with the little 3D bookshop in particular x

Astrids dragon said...

Great progress, the Mappe is really coming together.
Fun bucket list, I really like the Haunted House and might have to look into that! The doll house is just precious. I hope you get to them all!