Translate

Saturday 10 August 2019

Finally Fully Finishing Fun for August

Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher

This new SAL is designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed.  We will all be linking up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month).

I managed two different FFOs this month - one ornie and one scrapbook page.  The ornie was a recent finish and the scrapbook piece rescued from the "Chuck it in a Bag for 20 Years" finishing bag.

The recent finish was a Just Nan design called A Little Joy from the 2002 Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornament Special.  I made it into a padded square ornament with a beaded trim and a ribbon hanger:

Stitched on 28 count Platinum linen
The main design over two and the centre sampler over one


Beaded trim

Backing Fabric

With two Sweetheart Tree recent finishes

The older piece was probably a magazine cover kit from the 1990s.  I have no idea.  I can't think of any other reason for stitching it!

stitched on 14 count aida


I was pleased with the choice of paper and mount.  I wanted the look of an old fashioned living room with the cat asleep on the settee.

I would have FFO'd Summer Typography but Wilkos have discontinued their 6 x 6 inch raw wood box frames.  I was hoping to have a spare one at home but sadly not.  So I will have to buy a white one and paint it.  I want it to co-ordinate with the other three.  Here are some more photos of Summer Typography for those who missed it.






stitched on 32 count Pink linen

Did you spot the word I changed?  Answer at the end of the blog post!


Finally:


Three postcards have been sent out in the Summer Postcard Blog Hop to:


so make sure you follow their blogs and see who the cards come from.

It's not too late to send your postcard to me if you want to join in!






















(The word is Super!  Hope you are having a Super Summer too)





18 comments:

Barb said...

That is such a great incentive for fully finishing your designs. Love the ones you showed. What a nice job of finishing!

Pamela said...

Nice finishes! The Christmas ornament is outstanding!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great finishing Jo, your cat looks lovely. I really like your summer design, I did spot super but to be honest it doesn't look like a change. Thank you for sending me a great postcard to share .... I've found mine too x

Rita said...

Beautiful finishes and a lovely summer stitching!

Christine said...

Lovely finishes, you nailed the "cat asleep on Granny's sofa" effect

Linda said...

Congrats on the pretty finishes Jo.

Linda

Vickie said...

Summer Typography on pink is wonderful. And yes I see SUPER. :) And it is!

gracie said...

Wonderful finishes.

Carol said...

Yep! I spotted the Super! And what a super finish that is--very cute summer piece, Jo! I don't think I've seen that one before. Your finishes are lovely and you definitely got the cat finish down perfectly.

Hope you have a lovely week ahead!

Bethan said...

I love how you scrapbook some of your finishes - such a lovely way to keep them and present them without using wall space or cushions. Have you tried Ikea for a box frame? Possibly not as convenient as Wilkos or painting one though x

RJ said...

Hi Jo! I'm really loving all of your Just Nan stitches. I need to look into doing one. Your finish is lovely. And the summer stitch is wonderful...love the motifs and colors. I think your cat stitch would make a wonderful gift for a cat lover so don't give up on that one. Hope you will stop by and see us soon. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Katie said...

Love your finishes! What a beautiful set in the one photo. They look meant to be together. I spotted the super and it's perfect.

Leonore Winterer said...

Lovely finishes. The paper for the cat is just perfect, it really looks like she's sleeping!

Astrids dragon said...

Your Christmas trio looks wonderful together! A beautiful finish.
Awe, the sleeping kitty looks so sweet and very content!
Summer looks "super", such lovely colours!

Julie said...

The little cat is sweet and yes, you achieved the look you wanted for this page.
Of course, the JN gets the thumbs up LOL

Mary's Thread said...

What pretty finishes! That kitty is sweet indeed!

FlashinScissors said...

Sorry Jo, I’m playing catchup again!
It’s so nice to see those old stitchy pieces finished, isn’t it! And one day I will finish some of mine too!
Love the different methods in the Christmas decoration, and the little cat is so cute!
Sorry, typography had me beat! All your stitching is really beautiful!
I hope you found a suitable frame. I looked a few times in Wilkes this year and I’ve never found a box frame ..... they do seem to move things around quickly!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Rachel said...

Thank you for joining in again this month. I love your 'chuck it in a bag for 20 years' bag! I don't have one of those but I'm sure there are plenty of other stitchers who do - even if they won't admit it!
Your ornie is super cute, as is the sleepy little kitty. Well done on crossing two more off your 'for FFOing' list. :)